Eduard von Fransecky
Eduard Friedrich Karl von Fransecky 16 November 1807 – 22 May 1890 was Prussian general who served in the Austro-Prussian War and the Franco-Prussian War
Fransecky was born in 1807 in Gedern in a military family In 1818 he entered a Prussian cadetschool in Potsdam In 1825 he was commissioned as an ensign in the 16th Infantry regiment stationed in Düsseldorf Between 1843 and 1857 Fransecky served in the Historical division of the Prussian general staff He fought in the war against Denmark in 1848, serving in Schleswig
In 1860 von Fransecky was attached to Oldenburg where he commanded an Oldenburgian infantry regiment In November 1864 he was promoted to major-general and later to lieutenant-general He was given command of the 7th Division stationed in Magdeburg In the Austro-Prussian War he distinguished himself at Münchengrätz and Königgrätz, for which he was given the Pour le Mérite Between 1867 and 1869 von Fransecky served as inspector of the Saxon army
In 1870 von Fransecky became the commanding general of the Prussian 2nd Corps During the Franco-Prussian War the Prussian 2nd Corps was part of the German 2nd army commanded by Prince Friedrich Karl Fransecky distinguished himself at Gravelotte, where he reached the battlefield after a 16-hour forced march After Gravelotte, 2nd Corps was part of the troops besieging Metz After the fall of Metz Fransecky and 2nd Corps were sent to Paris During the Siege of Paris Fransecky was given command of the troops between Seine and Marne On 2 December 1870 Ducrot tried to break through the German ring at Villiers but the sortie was stopped by troops under Fransecky
In January 1871 2nd Corps was detached from the siege and placed under command of Edwin von Manteuffel's newly formed Army of the South Under Manteuffel's command Fransecky took part in the operations in the Côte-d'Or and Jura against Bourbaki's Armée de l'Est After Bourbaki's forces were defeated at Pontarlier and forced over the Swiss border, Fransecky was given command of 14th Corps in Strassbourg and awarded the Oak Leaves to his Pour le Mérite on 5 February 1871
After the war he was given a dotation of 150000 thaler In 1879 he was made governor of Berlin He resigned as governor due to health reasons in 1882 Eduard von Francecky died in 1890 in Wiesbaden
Awards and decorations
- Pour le Mérite 20 September 1866 with Oak Leaves added on 5 February 1871
- Order of the Black Eagle 23 November 1882
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Red Eagle with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Grand Cross of the Military Merit Order Württemberg
- Military Merit Order Bavaria
- Albert Order Saxony
- Howard, Michael, The Franco-Prussian War: The German Invasion of France 1870–1871, New York: Routledge, 2001 mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflinkISBN 0-415-26671-8
Eduard von Fransecky Information about
Eduard von Fransecky
Eduard von Fransecky
Eduard von Fransecky viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.