Eduard Čech Czech: ˈɛduart ˈtʃɛx; 29 June 1893 – 15 March 1960 was a Czech mathematician born in Stračov then Bohemia, Austria-Hungary, now Czech Republic His research interests included projective differential geometry and topology He is especially known for the technique known as Stone–Čech compactification in topology
He received his doctoral degree in 1920 at Charles University, Prague with Karel Petr as advisor In 1921–1922 he collaborated with Guido Fubini in Turin, Italy He taught at Masaryk University in Brno and at Charles University Ivo Babuška, Vlastimil Dlab, Zdeněk Frolík, Věra Trnková and Petr Vopěnka have been doctoral students of Čech He died in Prague in 1960
- Čech, E 1935, "Les groupes de Betti d'un complexe infini", Fundamenta Mathematicae, 25 1: 33–44
- Čech, E 1936, "Multiplications on a complex", Ann of Math, 37: 681–697, doi:102307/1968483
- Čech, E 1937, "On bicompact spaces", Ann of Math, 238: 823–844
- Čech closure operator
- Čech cohomology
- Stone–Čech compactification
- Tychonoff's theorem
- O'Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F, "Eduard Čech", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews
- Eduard Čech at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of publications from Czech Digital Mathematics Library
|This article about a Czech scientist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
Eduard Čech Information about
Eduard Čech Information Video
Eduard Čech viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.