Edmund Streetedmund street holyhead street map, edmund street st joseph
Coordinates: 52°28′55″N 1°54′07″W / 52482°N 1902°W / 52482; -1902 140-146 Edmund Street A development completed by Opus in 2005 and sold to Oppenheim,1 with the listed 134 and 138 Edmund Street to its left Birmingham Corporation Tramways track between the two Council House/museum blocks
Edmund Street is a street located in Birmingham, England
Edmund Street is one of a series of roads on the old Colmore Estate which originally stretched from Temple Row in the city centre, around St Phillip's Cathedral, to the northern end of Newhall Street Originally the estate surrounded New Hall which was occupied by the Colmore family Edmund was one of the sons Other roads on the estate are named after some of the other siblings It was formerly known as Little Charles Street and Harlow Street2
Edmund Street extends from Chamberlain Square at its western end to Livery Street and Snow Hill station at its eastern end It originally continued westwards to Suffolk Street, where it became Broad Street, but in the 1960s this part was redeveloped as Paradise Circus, part of the Inner Ring Road
Much of Edmund Street is in the Colmore Row and Environs Conservation Area and has many listed buildings
There is a short length of surviving Birmingham Corporation Tramways track between the two Council House/museum blocks
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery including Council offices runs on either side, connected by a bridge over Edmund Street The Gas Hall and Waterhall are entered from this street
- The side of the Birmingham School of Art
- 98 Edmund Street was the office of the first Birmingham School Board created on 28 November 1870 which included nonconformists Joseph Chamberlain a Unitarian, George Dawson a Baptist and the Rev R W Dale a Congregationalist Red brick, terracotta and stone Martin & Chamberlain, c 1875, Grade II listed3
- 106-110 now numbered 110, Former Scottish Mutual Assurance Society including 29 Newhall Street Flemish revival style Red brick and sandstone 1895 Frank Barlow Osbourne for W M Smythe, Solicitors Now a pub at ground level, Grade II listed4
- 134, Arts & Crafts, polychrome, brick and terracotta, by Newton & Cheatle, 1897, for G J Eveson Now incorporated into massive office block behind, Grade II listed5
- 136-138 now numbered 138, Venetian Gothic style, brick and terracotta Attributed to J H Chamberlain, c 1875 Now incorporated into massive office block behind, Grade II listed6
Numbers 96, 100-102, 158 are also listed buildings
- 103, popularly known as the Bell Edison Telephone Building This building is on the corner of Newhall Street and its current postal address is 17 & 19 Newhall Street
- 105 & 107 now numbered 111, the former Birmingham and Midland Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital including 70-78 Barwick Street, facade only, 1890-1, Jethro A Cossins and Peacock Brick and terracotta, Grade II listed7
- The Birmingham and Midland Eye Hospital, 1883-4 by Payne & Talbot Since 2000, a hotel
Numbers 121-123, 125-131, 133 are also listed buildings
- Mason Science College, later a building of the University of Birmingham
- The original Central Library, demolished for the construction of Paradise Circus The current Central Library had already been constructed next to it
- ^ "Oppenheim buys Grade A office block" The Birmingham Post 2005 Retrieved 20 October 2005
- ^ Bhamde - Roads of Birmingham
- ^ Historic England "98 Edmund Street 217032" Images of England Retrieved 6 November 2006
- ^ Historic England "106-110 Edmund Street 410119" Images of England Retrieved 6 November 2006
- ^ Historic England "134 Edmund Street 217034" Images of England Retrieved 6 November 2006
- ^ Historic England "136-138 Edmund Street 217035" Images of England Retrieved 6 November 2006
- ^ Historic England "105 & 107 Edmund Street 217038" Images of England Retrieved 6 November 2006
- Pevsner Architectural Guides - Birmingham, Andy Foster, 2005, ISBN 0-300-10731-5
- Ordnance Survey 1st Edition Map, 1890
- Birmingham City Council - Conservation Areas Colmore Row and Environs
|City centre streets||
|City centre squares||
edmund street, edmund street aberdeen md, edmund street east peoria, edmund street flint mi in the 90 s, edmund street holyhead street map, edmund street parlor, edmund street paterson nj, edmund street philadelphia, edmund street rochester ny, edmund street st joseph
Edmund Street Information about
Edmund Street viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.