Economy of Delhipopulation of delhi, population of delhi in 2018
The economy of Delhi is the 13th largest among states and union territories of India The nominal GSDP of the NCT of Delhi for 2017-18 was estimated at ₹686 lakh crore US$110 billion recording an annual growth of 81% Growth rate in 2014-15 was 92%In 2017-18, the tertiary sector contributed 85% of Delhi's GSDP followed by the primary and secondary sectors with 12% and 3% respectively The services sector recorded an annual growth of 73%
Delhi is the largest commercial centre in northern India As of 2016, recent estimates of the economy of the urban area of Delhi have ranged from $167 to $370 billion PPP metro GDP ranking it either the most or second-most productive metro area of India
- 1 Manufacturing
- 2 Services
- 21 Retail
- 22 Tourism
- 3 Employment
- 4 References
Manufacturing grew considerably as consumer goods companies established manufacturing units and headquarters in the city Delhi's large consumer market and the availability of skilled labour has also attracted foreign investment In 2001, the manufacturing sector employed 1,440,000 workers and the city had 129,000 industrial units
Key service industries are information technology, telecommunications, hotels, banking, media and tourism Construction, power, health and community services and real estate are also important to the city's economy
RetailMain article: Shopping in Delhi
Delhi has one of India's largest and fastest growing retail industries
The World Travel & Tourism Council calculated that tourism generated US$32 billion or 36% of the city's GDP in 2016 and supported 460,300 jobs, 83% of its total employment The sector is predicted to grow at an average annual rate of 108% to US$89 billion by 2026 37% of GDP Foreign tourists accounted for 355% of all tourism-related spending in Delhi in 2016 The largest source of foreign tourists visiting the city was the United States, which accounted for 11% of foreign tourist visits to the city
As per the Economic survey of Delhi 2005–2006, Delhi's workforce constitutes 3282% of the population, and increased by 5252% between 1991 and 2001 Delhi's unemployment rate decreased from 1257% in 1999–2000 to 463% in 2003 In December 2004, 636,000 people were registered with various employment exchange programmes in Delhi In 2001 the total workforce in national and state governments and the quasi-government sector was 620,000, and the private sector employed 219,000
The workforce participation rate for Delhi residents aged above 15 years was 408% in 2015-16, lower than the 418% recorded in 2012-13 Delhi's workforce participation rate is lower than the national average of 505%
- ^ a b c d e f g h "Delhi Budget Analysis 2018-19" PDF PRS Legislative Research Retrieved 23 March 2018
- ^ a b "Global city GDP rankings 2008-2025" PwC Archived from the original on 4 May 2011 Retrieved 16 December 2009
- ^ a b "Global city GDP 2014" Brookings Institution Retrieved 8 May 2015
- ^ a b Lewis, Clara "Delhi, not Mumbai, India's economic capital - Times of India" The Times of India Retrieved 24 February 2017
- ^ "The Most Dynamic Cities of 2025" Foreign Policy Retrieved 24 August 2012
- ^ "Chapter 9: Industrial Development" PDF Economic Survey of Delhi, 2005–06 Planning Department, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi pp 94–107
- ^ "Industries in Delhi" Mapsofindiacom Retrieved 7 September 2009
- ^ a b "Delhi hot favourite retail destination in India – Corporate Trends – News By Company -News" The Economic Times Archived from the original on 7 October 2013 Retrieved 3 November 2008
- ^ "CITY TRAVEL & TOURISM IMPACT 2017 Delhi" PDF World Travel and Tourism Council Retrieved 19 March 2018
- ^ a b c d "Chapter 5: Employment and Unemployment" PDF Economic Survey of Delhi, 2005–06 Planning Department, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi pp 59–65
economy of delhi, population of delhi, population of delhi district wise, population of delhi in 2018, population of delhi in crores, population of delhi in india, population of delhi louisiana, population of delhi metro area, population of delhi ncr, population of delhi today
Economy of Delhi Information about
Economy of Delhi
Economy of Delhi
Economy of Delhi viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.