Dunbarton, New Hampshiredunbarton new hampshire police department, dunbarton new hampshire real estate
Dunbarton is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 2,758 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Notable people
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Originally granted as Gorham's-town in 1735, and re-granted as Starkstown in 1748, the town was incorporated in 1765 as Dunbarton The name came from Dunbartonshire in Scotland, hometown to Archibald Stark, a prominent settler2
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 314 square miles 81 km2, of which 309 sq mi 80 km2 is land and 05 sq mi 13 km2 is water, comprising 150% of the town The highest point in Dunbarton is 925 feet 282 m above sea level near NH Route 13 north of Dunbarton Center Dunbarton lies fully within the Merrimack River watershed3
The town claims to be the location of the geographic center of New England, based on a Boston University calculation from 20084
|US Decennial Census6|
As of the census7 of 2000, there were 2,226 people, 814 households, and 648 families residing in the town The population density was 721 people per square mile 278/km² There were 858 housing units at an average density of 278 per square mile 107/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9843% White, 009% African American, 045% Native American, 045% Asian, 004% from other races, and 054% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 031% of the population
There were 814 households out of which 396% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 738% were married couples living together, 36% had a female householder with no husband present, and 203% were non-families 141% of all households were made up of individuals and 32% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 273 and the average family size was 303
In the town, the population was spread out with 275% under the age of 18, 40% from 18 to 24, 348% from 25 to 44, 266% from 45 to 64, and 71% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 38 years For every 100 females there were 1024 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1026 males
The median income for a household in the town was $65,081, and the median income for a family was $67,448 Males had a median income of $46,042 versus $31,641 for females The per capita income for the town was $27,892 About 23% of families and 28% of the population were below the poverty line, including 24% of those under age 18 and 49% of those age 65 or over
- Robert Lowell, poet; buried in Stark Cemetery
- John Ordway, sergeant in the Corps of Discovery, helped lead the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Robert Rogers, commander of Rogers' Rangers during the French and Indian War
- Revolutionary War general John Stark and his wife Molly Stark once lived in Dunbarton Their son Caleb Stark was born there
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Gannett, Henry 1905 The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States Govt Print Off p 110
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Lots of Heart but Only One Center" Town of Dunbarton official website Retrieved November 17, 2015
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Archived from the original on May 12, 2015 Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Archived from the original on 2013-09-11 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- Town of Dunbarton official website
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Dunbarton, New Hampshire|
|County seat: Concord|
|Footnotes||‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties|
dunbarton new hampshire cemetery, dunbarton new hampshire county, dunbarton new hampshire map, dunbarton new hampshire obituaries, dunbarton new hampshire police department, dunbarton new hampshire real estate, dunbarton new hampshire tax map, dunbarton new hampshire town hall, dunbarton new hampshire weather, dunbarton new hampshire zip code
Dunbarton, New Hampshire Information about
Dunbarton, New Hampshire
Dunbarton, New Hampshire
Dunbarton, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.