Drums of Lovedrums of love 1928 subtitles, drums of love
Drums of Love 1928 is a silent romance film directed by D W Griffith
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Reception
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
After finding out her father and his estate is in danger, Princess Emanuella saves his life by marrying Duke Cathos de Alvia, a grotesque hunchback She actually is in love with Leonardo, his attractive younger brother They already had an affair before the marriage, but continue secretly meeting each other In the end, Cathos finds out about his wife's unfaithfulness and stabs both his wife and brother to death1
- Mary Philbin as Princess Emanuella
- Lionel Barrymore as Duke Cathos de Alvia
- Don Alvarado as Count Leonardo de Alvia
- Tully Marshall as Bopi
- William Austin as Raymond of Boston
- Eugenie Besserer as Duchess de Alvia
- Charles Hill Mailes Duke de Granada
- Rosemary Cooper as The Maid
- Joyce Coad as The Little Sister
The film was a modernized adaption of a Francesca da Rimini operaclarification needed The settings were changed from 14th century Italy to 19th century South America2 The film was directed by D W Griffith, whose career was in decline2 He imposed a happy ending, but this idea was rejected2
The female lead went to Mary Philbin, who was on a loan from another studio, Universal Cinematographer Karl Struss was especially impressed with the actress and tested her two weeks for different wigs3 Philbin later called working with Griffith like a 'dream come true'4
The film was received as one of D W Griffith's weakest2 Critics agreed that Griffith did not know how to handle the film's theme and story the way Tod Browning could have5 Both the critics and the audience agreed that the poor reception was mainly due to the ending6
- D W Griffith filmography
- Lionel Barrymore filmography
- ^ "Drums of Love 1928: Synopsis" Turner Classic Movies Retrieved 2017-02-03
- ^ a b c d Hall, Mordaunt "Review Summary" The New York Times Retrieved 2010-01-15
- ^ Slide, A, Silent players p307
- ^ Beck, C, Scream queens: heroines of the horrors p70
- ^ Norden, M, The cinema of isolation: a history of physical disability in the movies p103
- ^ Norden, M, The cinema of isolation: a history of physical disability in the movies p104
- Drums of Love on Internet Movie Database
|Theatre||Francesca da Rimini D'Annunzio|
drums of love, drums of love 1928, drums of love 1928 dvd, drums of love 1928 subtitles, drums of love lyrics
Drums of Love Information about
Drums of Love
Drums of Love
Drums of Love viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.