Dillsburg, Pennsylvaniadillsburg pennsylvania united states, dillsburg pennsylvania flea market
Dillsburg is a borough in York County, Pennsylvania, United States The population was 2,563 as of the 2010 census3
- 1 Geography
- 2 History
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Town festivals
- 5 District schools
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Dillsburg is surrounded by Carroll Township in northwestern York County, Pennsylvania According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 08 square miles 21 km2, all of it land
The town is named for Matthew Dill, an immigrant from County Monaghan, Ireland, who settled the town in 1740 The village became a center for local agriculture
During the Civil War's Gettysburg Campaign, Dillsburg was twice invaded by Confederate cavalry, first by Albert G Jenkins's brigade, then by Maj Gen JEB Stuart's division
Dill's Tavern, founded in the 1750s with a current building constructed between 1794 and 1819,4 and the Rev Anderson B Quay House are listed on the National Register of Historic Places5Keystone Marker
As of the census7 of 2000, there were 2,063 people, 902 households, and 579 families residing in the borough The population density was 2,6007 people per square mile 1,0083/km² There were 936 housing units at an average density of 1,1800 per square mile 4575/km² The racial makeup of the borough was 9719% White, 048% African American, 044% Native American, 121% Asian, and 068% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 029% of the population
There were 902 households, out of which 303% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 501% were married couples living together, 108% had a female householder with no husband present, and 357% were non-families 318% of all households were made up of individuals and 147% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 229 and the average family size was 289
In the borough, the population was spread out with 246% under the age of 18, 76% from 18 to 24, 312% from 25 to 44, 222% from 45 to 64, and 145% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 37 years For every 100 females there were 872 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 812 males
The median income for a household in the borough was $37,530, and the median income for a family was $46,797 Males had a median income of $42,235 versus $21,995 for females The per capita income for the borough was $19,801 About 75% of families and 63% of the population were below the poverty line, including 96% of those under age 18 and 64% of those age 65 or over
Dillsburg's Farmers' Fair celebration is held annually during the third weekend in October Among the many attractions are the parades on Friday and Saturday evenings, the classic car and farm tractor parade Saturday afternoon, and Civil War reenactments at the nearby Dill's Tavern A wide variety of food can be found, from common concessions to specialty theme items such as fried pickles and pickle soup
Dillsburg drops a larger-than-life papier-mâché sometimes mylar pickle on New Year's Eve
- Northern York County School District
- Dillsburg Elementary School
- Northern Elementary School
- South Mountain Elementary School
- Wellsville Elementary School
- Northern Middle School
- Northern High School
- ^ "2016 US Gazetteer Files" United States Census Bureau Retrieved Aug 14, 2017
- ^ a b "Population and Housing Unit Estimates" Retrieved June 9, 2017
- ^ "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data Public Law 94-171 Summary File QT-PL, Dillsburg borough, Pennsylvania" US Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2 Archived from the original on September 11, 2013 Retrieved October 4, 2011
- ^ "Dill's Tavern: Our History"
- ^ National Park Service 2010-07-09 "National Register Information System" National Register of Historic Places National Park Service
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" US Census Bureau Archived from the original on 12 May 2015 Retrieved 11 December 2013
- ^ a b "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Archived from the original on 2013-09-11 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- ^ "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012" Population Estimates US Census Bureau Archived from the original on 17 June 2013 Retrieved 11 December 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dillsburg, Pennsylvania|
- Borough of Dillsburg official website
|County seat: York|
dillsburg pennsylvania county, dillsburg pennsylvania flea market, dillsburg pennsylvania hotels, dillsburg pennsylvania map, dillsburg pennsylvania restaurants, dillsburg pennsylvania united states, dillsburg pennsylvania weather, dillsburg pennsylvania zip code
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania Information about
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.