Digital diplomacydigital diplomacy, digital diplomacy theory and practice
Digital diplomacy, also referred to as eDiplomacy see below, has been defined as the use of the Internet and new information communication technologies to help achieve diplomatic objectives1 However, other definitions have also been proposed234
In common usage the term digital diplomacy is often used as a synonym, but the meanings are distinct The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office defines digital diplomacy as 'solving foreign policy problems using the internet',5 a narrower definition that excludes internal electronic collaboration tools and mobile phone and tablet-based diplomacy The US State Department uses the term 21st Century Statecraft6 The Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development7 calls it Open Policy8
- 1 History
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The first foreign ministry to establish a dedicated ediplomacy unit was the US State Department, which created the Taskforce on eDiplomacy in 2002 This Taskforce has since been renamed the Office of eDiplomacy and has approximately 80 staff members, about half of which are dedicated to ediplomacy-related work
Other foreign ministries have also begun to embrace ediplomacy The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office has an Office of Digital Diplomacy9 that is involved in a range of ediplomacy activities1 Sweden has also been active in promotion of digital diplomacy, especially through the online communication strategy of its foreign minister Carl Bildt who soon became 'best connected Twitter leader'10
In July 2012, global public relations and communications firm Burson-Marsteller studied the use of Twitter by heads of state and government, referred to as Twitter diplomacy The study on Twiplomacy 11 found that there were 264 Twitter accounts of heads of state and government and their institutions in 125 countries worldwide and that only 30 leader's tweet personally Since then, the attention on digital diplomacy as a tool of public diplomacy has only increased In 2013, USC Center on Public Diplomacy has named 'Facebook recognizing Kosovo as a country',12 as one of the top moments in public diplomacy for 201313141516
- Public diplomacy
- Facebook diplomacy
- Twitter diplomacy
- Office of eDiplomacy US
- Public Diplomacy Council of Catalonia
- Open government
- ^ a b Fergus Hanson November 2012 "A Digital DFAT: Joining the 21st century" Lowy Institute Archived from the original on 2012-03-22
- ^ "E-diplomacy Platform - DiploFoundation" diplomacyedu Archived from the original on 2011-01-23
- ^ Definition of eDiplomacy by Alec J Ross - HUBFORUM 2010 YouTube 1 October 2010
- ^ "Tutt A 2013, E-Diplomacy Capacities within the EU-27: Small States and Social Media e-book access for free" grincom Retrieved 2015-09-17
- ^ "What is digital diplomacy" Foreign and Commonwealth Office Archived from the original on 2012-04-20
- ^ "21st Century Statecraft" US State Department
- ^ "Welcome / Bienvenue" internationalgcca
- ^ "The Cadieux-Léger Fellowship" DFAIT
- ^ http://digitaldiplomacyfcogovuk/en/about/
- ^ "Sweden's Carl Bildt 'best connected' Twitter leader" BBC News
- ^ "Twiplomacy - Mutual Relations on Twitter" Retrieved 17 August 2012
- ^ "Kosovo Attains Status on Facebook It Has Sought for Years: Nation" Retrieved 2 January 2015
- ^ "PDiN Monitor - USC Center on Public Diplomacy" uscpublicdiplomacyorg
- ^ "TWEET THIS: STUDY FINDS LIMITS TO NEW 'TWIPLOMACY'" Associated Press 26 July 2012 Archived from the original on 26 July 2012 Retrieved 17 August 2012
- ^ Miles, Tom 26 July 2012 "@tweeter-in-chief Obama's outsourced tweets top twitocracy" Reuters Retrieved 17 August 2012
- ^ Khazan, Olga 26 July 2012 "Diplomats on Twitter: Putin follows no one" Washington Post Retrieved 17 August 2012
- Twiplomacy - Mutual Relations on Twitter
digital diplomacy, digital diplomacy bibliography, digital diplomacy coalition, digital diplomacy definition, digital diplomacy group, digital diplomacy guide, digital diplomacy pdf, digital diplomacy review 2017, digital diplomacy theory and practice, digital diplomacy uk
Digital diplomacy Information about
Digital diplomacy viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.