Dick Costolorichard costolo, mike costolo
Richard William "Dick" Costolo pronounced: /ˈkɒstəloʊ/ was the CEO of Twitter from 2010 to 2015; he also served as the COO before becoming CEO He took over as CEO from Evan Williams in October 2010 On June 11, 2015, it was announced that Costolo would step down as CEO on July 1, 2015 and would be replaced by Twitter co-founder and chairman Jack Dorsey on an interim basis until the Board of Directors could find a replacement On August 8, 2015, The New York Times reported that Costolo would be leaving Twitter's Board of Directors by the end of the year or when a new CEO is appointed
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Costolo graduated in 1985 with a BS degree in computer and communication sciences from the University of Michigan Costolo became involved in theater during his senior year at the University of Michigan, when he began taking theater classes to fulfill the university's graduation requirements Upon graduation, he decided not to accept offers from technology companies and instead moved to Chicago to work in improvisational comedy Costolo used to perform with Chicago's Annoyance Theater and at various comedy festivals in other places
After his improv career in Chicago, Costolo was at Andersen Consulting for 8 years, where he was a senior manager in product and technology groups He then co-founded Burning Door Networked Media, a web design and development consulting company, which was acquired by Digital Knowledge Assets in October 1996 He then co-founded SpyOnIt, a web page monitoring service, which was sold to 724 Solutions in September 2000
In 2004, Costolo, along with Eric Lunt, Steve Olechowski, and Matt Shobe, founded the web feed management provider FeedBurner After Google bought FeedBurner in 2007, Dick Costolo became an employee of the search giant After the acquisition, Costolo began working in other areas of Google In July 2009, he left Google, and in September 2009 it was announced that he was joining Twitter as its COO Although his 2010 takeover as CEO was supposed to be temporary, while CEO Evan Williams was on paternity leave, it eventually became a permanent position In 2011, he would notably proclaim about Twitter that “We’re the free speech wing of the free speech party”
In May 2011, it was announced that President Obama had appointed Costolo to the National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee, along with the Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Trustworthy Computing Group, Scott Charney, and McAfee President of Security David DeWalt
In January 2012, he was embroiled in the SOPA controversy after commenting on Wikipedia's planned blackout He stated, "That's just silly Closing a global business in reaction to single-issue national politics is foolish"
In 2013, Business Insider referred to him as "one of Silicon Valley's most impressive CEOs", and TIME Magazine named him one of the 10 Most Influential US Tech CEOs Costolo gave the 2013 spring commencement address to the University of Michigan graduating class on May 4, 2013
In 2015, an internal Twitter memo by Costolo was leaked in which he said he was "frankly ashamed" at how poorly Twitter handled trolling and abuse, saying, "We suck at dealing with abuse and trolls on the platform and we've sucked at it for years", and admitted Twitter had lost users as a result
In October 2015, Costolo was announced as a consultant for the popular HBO TV series Silicon Valley
In December 2015, Costolo announced that he joined the board of directors for Patreon, a startup that helps artists raise money for their creative projects
In January 2016, Costolo announced that he will launch a fitness startup along with Bryan Oki, CEO of Fitify The two co-founders are "building a software platform that reimagines the path to personal fitness"
In February 2016, Costolo joined Index Ventures as a partner
Dick Costolo is married to Lorin Costolo They live in Corte Madera, California with two children
- ^ "Twitter's Dick Costolo, and what you may not know about him"
- ^ a b MG Siegler 2010-10-04 "Dick Costolo Takes Twitter CEO Role So Evan Williams Can Focus On Product" TechCrunch Retrieved 2011-02-19
- ^ Issac, Mike 2015-08-08 "Dick Costolo Is Said to Plan Departure From Twitter's Board" The New York Times The New York Times Retrieved 2015-08-09
- ^ Dick Costolo | CrunchBase Profile
- ^ URL: https://wwwyoutubecom/watchv=oqRPesTumlA
- ^ a b Guynn, Jessica 2011-02-06 "Twitter CEO Dick Costolo is determined to get the last laugh" Chicago Tribune Tribune Newspapers Retrieved 2011-02-26
- ^ "Leading the Tweets with Dick Costolo" Eyerys
- ^ Michael Arrington 2009-09-02 "Oh, RSS Is Definitely Dead Now: Feedburner CEO Dick Costolo To Become Twitter COO" TechCrunch Retrieved 2011-02-19
- ^ http://blogswsjcom/digits/2011/10/18/twitter-ceo-costolo-on-apple-privacy-free-speech-and-google-far-from-ipo/
- ^ http://wwwmacgasmnet/2011/05/29/obama-chooses-twitter-ceo-nstac-advisory-group/
- ^ http://wikimediafoundationorg/wiki/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout
- ^ Rushe, Dominic 2012-01-16 "Twitter boss slams Wikipedia's 'silly' Sopa protest" The Guardian London
- ^ http://wwwbusinessinsidercom/4-of-silicon-valleys-most-impressive-ceos-just-ate-dinner-together-2013-5
- ^ "Time Tech 40: The Most Influential Minds In Tech" Time 2013-05-01
- ^ https://wwwyoutubecom/watchv=oqRPesTumlA
- ^ Tiku, Nitasha "Twitter CEO: 'We suck at dealing with abuse'" The Verge Retrieved 5 February 2015
- ^ "Next Starring Role for Dick Costolo: Telling 'Silicon Valley' About Silicon Valley" Re-code
- ^ "Former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Joined the Board of Artsy Startup Patreon" Re/code Retrieved 2015-12-03
- ^ "Former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo is launching a fitness startup" The Verge
- ^ "Former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo is launching a new fitness software startup" Business Insider
- ^ "Twitter Ex-CEO Dick Costolo Talks Joining Index Ventures As It Announces $125 Billion In New Funds" Forbes
- ^ "Meet the Twitter millionaires" NY Post
- ^ "Lorin Costolo: Twitter Dick Costolo's Wife Lorin Costolo: Twitter Dick Costolo's Wife" DailyEntertainmentNews
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dick Costolo|
- Dick Costolo on Twitter
- Costolo on aboutme
- Costolo CrunchBase Profile
- Costolo BusinessWeek Profile
- Paul Kedrosky 2010-05-16 "Conversation with Dick Costolo, COO, Twitter" Infectious Talk Retrieved 2011-02-19
- Costolo's blog Feb 2007 - Jan 2008, on strategies and tactics for starting and building an entrepreneurial endeavor
- What Is Dick Costolo's Management Style at Twitter Interview with Emily Chang
mike costolo, richard costolo, richard costolo net worth, richard costolo twitter
Dick Costolo Information about
Dick Costolo viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.