Deemed universitydeemed university, deemed university registration
Deemed university, or Deemed-to-be-University, is an accreditation awarded to higher educational institutions in India, conferring the status of a university It is granted by the Department of Higher Education12 To quote the MHRD, "An Institution of Higher Education, other than universities, working at a very high standard in specific area of study, can be declared by the Central Government on the advice of the UGC, as an Institution ‘Deemed-to-be-university’ Institutions that are ‘deemed-to-be-university’ enjoy academic status and privileges of a university"3
- 1 Deemed university status
- 2 Other types
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Deemed university statusedit
The higher education system in India includes both private and public universities Public universities are supported by the Government of India and the state governments, while private universities are mostly supported by various bodies and societies Universities in India are recognized by the University Grants Commission UGC, which draws its power from the University Grants Commission Act, 19564 In addition, 15 Professional Councils are established, controlling different aspects of accreditation and coordination5 The status of a deemed university allows full autonomy in courses, syllabus, admissions and fees6 The UGC list dated 23 June 2008 lists 130 deemed universities7 Note that although the list is dated 23 June 2008, the latest addition to the list, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, was made on 24 June 2009 According to this list, the first institute to be granted deemed university status was Indian Institute of Science which was granted this status on 12 May 1958 There are deemed universities in 18 of the 29 states of India and three of the union territories The state with the most universities is Tamil Nadu with 28 deemed universities7 As on 31 December 2015 there are 125 Deemed to be Universities in India
Other types of universities controlled by the UGC include:
- Central universities, or Union universities are established by Act of Parliament and are under the purview of the Department of Higher Education8
- State universities are run by the state government of each of the states and territories of India, and are usually established by a local legislative assembly act9
- Institute under State Legislature Act is a Institution established or incorporated by a State Legislature Act, in India10 Institutes that are ‘under State Legislature Act’ enjoy academic status and privileges of state universities
- Private universities are approved by the UGC They can grant degrees but they are not allowed to have off-campus affiliated colleges11
- List of deemed universities
- ^ "UGC Act-1956" PDF Ministry of Human Resource Development Secretary, University Grants Commission Retrieved 1 February 2016
- ^ "Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology IISST Thiruvanathapuram Declared as Deemed to be University" Union Human Resource Development Ministry, Press Information Bureau 14 July 2008 Retrieved 3 September 2011
- ^ "Deemed University" Ministry of Human Resource Development MHRD
- ^ "University Grants Commission Act, 1956" PDF Union Human Resource Development Ministry Retrieved 3 September 2011
- ^ "::: Professional Councils-Inside H E – University Grants Commission :::" ugcacin University Grants Commission Retrieved 11 August 2011
- ^ "What is a Deemed University" ndtvcom NDTV 19 January 2010 Retrieved 14 February 2012
- ^ a b ":::Deemed University – University Grants Commission :::" ugcacin University Grants Commission 23 June 2008 Retrieved 6 June 2011
- ^ "Central Universities" mhrdgovin Union Human Resource Development Ministry Retrieved 13 March 2012
- ^ "List of State Universities" PDF University Grants Commission 30 November 2011 Retrieved 13 February 2012
- ^ http://mhrdgovin/university-and-higher-education
- ^ ":::Private Universities – University Grants Commission :::" ugcacin University Grants Commission 10 February 2012 Archived from the original on 17 February 2012 Retrieved 17 February 2012
|Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Education by states||
|Education by cities||
deemed university, deemed university aicte, deemed university in rajasthan, deemed university in tamilnadu, deemed university mbbs admission 2017, deemed university mbbs fees, deemed university meaning in hindi, deemed university medical, deemed university medical counseling, deemed university registration
Deemed university Information about
Deemed university viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.