Daniel Frohmandavid frohman, daniel frohman
Daniel Frohman August 22, 1851 – December 26, 1940 was an American theatrical producer and manager, and an early film producer
- 1 Biography
- 2 References
- 3 Sources
- 4 External links
Frohman was born to a Jewish family1 in Sandusky, Ohio In his younger days he worked as a clerk at the New York Tribune, and while there witnessed the fatal shooting of the reporter Albert Deane Richardson by Daniel McFarland on November 25, 1869, and was a witness at McFarland's murder trial
With his brothers Charles and Gustave Frohman, he helped to develop a system of road companies that would tour the nation while the show also played in New York City The three brothers worked together at the Madison Square Theatre in the early 1880s Daniel was the producer-manager of the old and new Lyceum Theatres and the Lyceum stock company from 1886 to 1909 During this period he launched careers for such actors as E H Sothern, Henry Miller, William Faversham, Maude Adams, Richard Mansfield and James Keteltas Hackett
Daniel Frohman was at one time, 1903–1909, married to Broadway actress Margaret Illington Margaret later married Major Edward Bowes
Frohman became involved in the motion picture business as a partner and producer with Adolph Zukor in the Famous Players Film Company He worked from offices on West 26th Street in New York City, between 1913 and 1917 he was part of the production of more than seventy films
On his passing in 1940, Frohman was buried in the Union Field Cemetery in Queens, New York City near his brother Charles who had died in 1915 in the sinking of the RMS Lusitania
Daniel Frohman Lyceum Theatre Co Lithograph - 1897, Library of Congress Collection Theatrical poster for The Princess and the Butterfly
The Man from Mexico, is a 1914 silent film produced by the Famous Players Film Company and Daniel Frohman
- ^ 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia: "FROHMAN, DANIEL" By: Cyrus Adler, Edgar Mels retrieved August 30, 2015
- Thomas Allston Brown, A History of the New York Stage From the First Performance in 1732 to 1901, vol III, New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1903
- George Cooper, Lost Love: A True Story of Passion, Murder, and Justice in Old New York New York: Random House/Pantheon, 1994 ISBN 0-679-43398-8
- Stanhope Searles, "Six Books of the Month: Charles Frohman, Manager and Man", The Bookman, vol 44, no 3 November 1916 p 306
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Frohman|
- Works by Daniel Frohman at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Daniel Frohman at Internet Archive
- Daniel Frohman at the Internet Broadway Database
- Daniel Frohman on Internet Movie Database
- Daniel Frohman at Find a Grave
- Daniel Frohman picture gallery in later lifeCorbis Images
|This theatrical biography is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
charles and daniel frohman, daniel frohman, david frohman, david frohman carlisle, david frohman optimal planning strategies llc, david frohman pictures, david frohman roswell ga, david frohmann 1805, john frohman attorney buffalo, john frohmander
Daniel Frohman Information about
Daniel Frohman viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.