D-alanine—D-alanine ligased alanine d alanine ligase enzyme, d alanine d alanine ligase function
In enzymology, a D-alanine—D-alanine ligase EC 6324 is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction ATP + 2 D-alanine ⇌ ADP + phosphate + D-alanyl-D-alanine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are ATP and D-alanine, whereas its 3 products are ADP, phosphate, and D-alanyl-D-alanine
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-nitrogen bonds as acid-D-amino-acid ligases peptide synthases The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-alanine:D-alanine ligase ADP-forming Other names in common use include alanine:alanine ligase ADP-forming, and alanylalanine synthetase This enzyme participates in d-alanine metabolism and peptidoglycan biosynthesis Phosphinate and D-cycloserine are known to inhibit this enzyme
The N-terminal region of the D-alanine—D-alanine ligase is thought to be involved in substrate binding, while the C-terminus is thought to be a catalytic domain
As of late 2007, 8 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1EHI, 1IOV, 1IOW, 2DLN, 2FB9, 2I80, 2I87, and 2I8C
- ^ Roper DI, Huyton T, Vagin A, Dodson G August 2000 "The molecular basis of vancomycin resistance in clinically relevant Enterococci: crystal structure of D-alanyl-D-lactate ligase VanA" Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97 16: 8921–5 doi:101073/pnas150116497 PMC 16797 PMID 10908650
- Ito, E; Strominger JL 1962 "Enzymatic synthesis of the peptide in bacterial uridine nucleotides II Enzymatic synthesis and addition of D-alanyl-D-alanine" J Biol Chem 237: 2696–2703
- Neuhaus FC 1962 "Kinetic studies on D-Ala-D-Ala synthetase" Fed Proc 21: 229
- van Heijenoort J 2001 "Recent advances in the formation of the bacterial peptidoglycan monomer unit" Nat Prod Rep 18 5: 503–19 doi:101039/a804532a PMID 11699883
This article incorporates text from the public domain Pfam and InterPro IPR011127
- Molecular and Cellular Biology portal
|This EC 63 enzyme-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
d alanine d alanine ligase chain, d alanine d alanine ligase enzyme, d alanine d alanine ligase function, d alanine d alanine ligase reaction
D-alanine—D-alanine ligase Information about
D-alanine—D-alanine ligase viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.