Croydon, New Hampshire
Croydon is a town in Sullivan County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 764 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Incorporated in 1763, the town takes its name from Croydon, a suburb of London, Englandcitation needed
Croydon was home to Ruel Durkee, a powerful 19th century political boss in the state The town of "Coniston" in the best-selling novel of 1906 is based on Croydon, and Durkee was portrayed as "Jethro Bass" The local "Coniston General Store" is named after the novel23
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 375 square miles 971 km2, of which 367 square miles 951 km2 is land and 08 square miles 21 km2 is water, comprising 206% of the town4 The highest point in town is Croydon Peak, at 2,760 feet 840 m above sea level Croydon lies fully within the Connecticut River watershed5
Croydon is home to Corbin Park, one of the largest private game reserves in New England The 24,000-acre 9,700 ha fenced-in expanse of woodlands and mountainous terrain features bison, European boar and elk and extends into neighboring towns6
|US Decennial Census8|
As of the census9 of 2000, there were 661 people, 264 households, and 194 families residing in the town The population density was 178 people per square mile 69/km² There were 354 housing units at an average density of 95 per square mile 37/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9743% White, 045% Native American, 015% Asian, 076% from other races, and 121% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 061% of the population
There were 264 households out of which 292% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 580% were married couples living together, 83% had a female householder with no husband present, and 265% were non-families 193% of all households were made up of individuals and 87% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 250 and the average family size was 271
In the town, the population was spread out with 227% under the age of 18, 47% from 18 to 24, 304% from 25 to 44, 300% from 45 to 64, and 123% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 41 years For every 100 females there were 1092 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1020 males
The median income for a household in the town was $49,688, and the median income for a family was $50,556 Males had a median income of $31,992 versus $26,544 for females The per capita income for the town was $21,403 About 25% of families and 49% of the population were below the poverty line, including 50% of those under age 18 and 97% of those age 65 or over
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Henderson, Brooks Winston Churchill's Country, The Bookman New York, August 1915, pp 607, 617
- ^ New Hampshire: A Guide to the Granite State, p 349 1938
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data G001 - Croydon town, New Hampshire" US Census Bureau American Factfinder Archived from the original on September 11, 2013 Retrieved November 15, 2011
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Corbin Park Hunting Preserve in New Hampshire" Free New Hampshire Blog June 4, 2008 Retrieved June 20, 2011
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Archived from the original on May 12, 2015 Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Archived from the original on 2013-09-11 Retrieved 2008-01-31
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Croydon, New Hampshire|
|County seat: Newport|
Croydon, New Hampshire Information about
Croydon, New Hampshire
Croydon, New Hampshire
Croydon, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.