Crotalus willardi obscuruscrotalus willardi obscurus, crotalus obscurus
Crotalus willardi obscurus is a venomous pitviper subspecies4 found in northwestern Mexico and the southwestern United StatesThis is the only venomous snake listed as Threatened by the US Fish and Wildlife Service2
- 1 Description
- 2 Geographic range
- 3 Conservation status
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The color pattern consists of a gray or brownish gray ground color with scattered dark punctations The facial stripes that are characteristic of this species may be completely absent In the Sierra San Luis population, traces of the pale upper facial stripe may be visible on the posterior upper labials, but there is no pale stripe on the lower labials5
Found in the Animas and adjacent Peloncillo Mountains Hidalgo County in extreme southeastern Arizona and extreme southwestern New Mexico in the United States, and in the Sierra San Luis of extreme northwestern Chihuahua and extreme northeastern Sonora in Mexico5 The type locality given is "one canyon in the Animas Mountains" New Mexico, USA1
This is the only venomous snake that is listed as Threatened by the US Fish and Wildlife Service, and is therefore afforded protection by the Endangered Species Act It is listed because of its limited geographic range and the supposed threat to it of overcollection for the reptile trade2
- List of crotaline species and subspecies
- Crotalus by common name
- Crotalus by taxonomic synonyms
- Crotalinae by common name
- Crotalinae by taxonomic synonyms
- ^ a b McDiarmid RW, Campbell JA, Touré T 1999 Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol 1 Herpetologists' League 511 pp ISBN 1-893777-00-6 series ISBN 1-893777-01-4 volume
- ^ a b c Crotalus willardi obscurus at US Fish and Wildlife Service Accessed 13 August 2007
- ^ Mehrtens JM 1987 Living Snakes of the World in Color New York: Sterling Publishers 480 pp ISBN 0-8069-6460-X
- ^ "Crotalus willardi obscurus" Integrated Taxonomic Information System Retrieved 13 August 2007
- ^ a b Campbell JA, Lamar WW 2004 The Venomous Reptiles of the Western Hemisphere 2 volumes Comstock Publishing Associates, Ithaca and London 870 pp 1500 plates ISBN 0-8014-4141-2
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crotalus willardi|
- Crotalus willardi obscurus
crotalus obscurus, crotalus willardi obscurus
Crotalus willardi obscurus Information about
Crotalus willardi obscurus
Crotalus willardi obscurus
Crotalus willardi obscurus viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.