Crotalus oreganus abyssuscrotalus oreganus abyssus, crotalus abyssus photos
Crotalus oreganus abyssus is a venomous pit viper subspecies3 found only in the United States in Arizona
- 1 Description
- 2 Geographic range
- 3 Habitat
- 4 Behavior
- 5 Feeding
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 Further reading
- 9 External links
This is a medium to large rattlesnake Adults measure 16-54 inches 41–137 cm in total length
Dorsally, they have dark blotches on a variety of base colors ranging from reddish, pink, yellow/green, light tan, to gray The blotches usually become crossbands near the tail The young usually have more prominent blotches and facial markings than the adults Some adults have no body markings
The rostral scale usually comes into contact with more than 2 internasal scales
Found in northwestern and north-central Arizona
The snake is found in a variety of habitats, including grassland, Great Basin Desert scrubland, bottoms in the Grand Canyon, rolling hills and bajadas in pinion-juniper woodland, and pine forests
It is primarily diurnal but can be active around the clock when conditions are favorable The cryptic coloration and calm demeanor of this subspecies often allows it to escape detection from passersby
It feeds on squirrels, mice, lizards, and birds
- List of crotaline species and subspecies
- Crotalus by common name
- Crotalus by taxonomic synonyms
- Crotalinae by common name
- Crotalinae by taxonomic synonyms
- ^ McDiarmid RW, Campbell JA, Touré T 1999 Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol 1 Herpetologists' League 511 pp ISBN 1-893777-00-6 series ISBN 1-893777-01-4 volume
- ^ Ashton KG, de Queiroz A 2001 Molecular systematics of the western rattlesnake, Crotalus viridis Viperidae, with comments on the utility of the d-loop in phylogenetic studies of snakes Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, Vol 21, No2, pp 176-189 PDF at CNAH Accessed 3 September 2008
- ^ a b "Crotalus oreganus abyssus" Integrated Taxonomic Information System Retrieved 28 November 2006
- ^ Wright AH, Wright AA 1957 Handbook of Snakes Comstock Publishing Associates 7th printing, 1985 1105 pp ISBN 0-8014-0463-0
- Klauber, LM 1930 New and Renamed Subspecies of Crotalus confluentus Say, with Remarks on Related Species Trans San Diego Soc Nat Hist
6 3: 95-144, including Plates 9-12, 1 map "Crotalus confluentus abyssus, subsp nov", pp 114–117 + Plate 11, figure 1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crotalus oreganus|
- Crotalus oreganus at the Reptariumcz Reptile Database Accessed 12 December 2007
- Images of Crotalus oreganus abyssus at California Reptiles and Amphibians Accessed 18 June 2008
crotalus abyssus, crotalus abyssus photos, crotalus oreganus abyssus
Crotalus oreganus abyssus Information about
Crotalus oreganus abyssus
Crotalus oreganus abyssus
Crotalus oreganus abyssus viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.