Coventry Roadcoventry road map, coventry road
Coventry Road Cricket Ground was a cricket ground in Hinckley, Leicestershire It was located along Coventry Road to the south, Trinity Lane to the east, with Trinity Vicarage Road to the north Established in 1946, the ground had a capacity of 3,5001
- 1 History
- 2 Records
- 21 First-class
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The ground built after the Ashby Road ground ceased the host cricket matches shortly before World War II, leaving Hinckley without a venue for first-class cricket Local businessmen subsequently joined forces to raise funds for construction of a new ground, with a Mr Arthur Tansey donating three fields along the Coventry Road, upon which a pitch and pavilion was built1 First-class cricket returned to Hinckley in 1951, when Leicestershire played Derbyshire in the County Championship2 From 1952 to 1957, Leicestershire played two first-class matches per season at the ground Leicestershire didn't play there in 1956, but did return the following season, where they proceeded to play one match per season there until 19612 Two first-class matches were played there in 1962, although Leicestershire didn't visit in 1963 The final two first-class matches to be held at the ground came in 1964, with Leicestershire playing Somerset and Kent2 Seventeen first-class matches were played there in total, with Leicestershire winning just once, losing eleven and drawing five
Subsequently demolished, the site was used for a leisure centre1
- Highest team total: 372 by Warwickshire v Leicestershire, 19543
- Lowest team total: 42 by Leicestershire v Lancashire, 19554
- Highest individual innings: 182 by Jim Stewart for Warwickshire v Leicestershire, 19625
- Best bowling in an innings: 6-20 by Brian Statham for Lancashire v Leicestershire, 19556
- Best bowling in a match: 9-66 by Brian Statham, as above
- ^ a b c "Ground profile: Coventry Road" ESPNcricinfo Retrieved 20 June 2012
- ^ a b c "First-Class Matches played on Coventry Road, Hinckley 17" CricketArchive Retrieved 20 June 2012
- ^ "Leicestershire v Nottinghamshire, 1954 County Championship" CricketArchive Retrieved 20 June 2012
- ^ "Coventry Road, Hinckley - Lowest Team Totals in first-class cricket" CricketArchive Retrieved 20 June 2012
- ^ "Coventry Road, Hinckley - Centuries in first-class cricket" CricketArchive Retrieved 20 June 2012
- ^ "Leicestershire v Lancashire, 1955 County Championship" CricketArchive Retrieved 20 June 2012
- Coventry Road at ESPNcricinfo
- Coventry Road at CricketArchive
Coordinates: 52°32′25″N 1°22′36″W / 525404°N 13767°W / 525404; -13767
coventry road, coventry road bryanston, coventry road cycling club boxing day cross, coventry road dental practice, coventry road library, coventry road map, coventry road ottawa map, coventry road plasterers, coventry road restaurants, coventry road workington harare
Coventry Road Information about
Coventry Road viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.