Country Diarycountry diary of an edwardian lady, country diary
Country Diary is a daily natural history column in the English newspaper The Guardian, first published in November 1906 It is also now freely available on the newspaper's website Past and present contributors include Pete Bowler, Arnold Boyd, Mark Cocker, Thomas Coward, Harry Griffin, Jim Perrin as James Perrin, Sarah Poyntz, Arthur Ransome, Enid J Wilson, Simon Ingram and Paul Evans
Since the 1990s, the paper edition of the column has been illustrated by Clifford Harper
- 1 Jizz
- 2 Bibliography
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The column is credited with the first use in print of the term "Jizz", in a piece by Thomas Coward of 6 December 1921, subsequently included in his 1922 book "Bird Haunts and Nature Memories" He attributed it to "a west-coast Irishman"
A number of books, compiling past columns, have been published, including:
- The Country Diary of a Cheshire Man AW Boyd, Collins 1946
- A Country Diary - Kent John T White illustrated by Percy F C White, Cassell 1974 ISBN 0-903253-04-6
- Enid J Wilson's Country Diary Enid J Wilson illustrated by Pavla Davey, Hodder and Stoughton 1988 ISBN 0-340-41522-3
- A Lakeland Mountain Diary A Harry Griffin, Crowood Press 1990 ISBN 1-85223-565-9
- A Country Diary, selected by Jeanette Page various contributors, foreword by Melvyn Bragg, Guardian Books/ Fourth Estate 1994 ISBN 1-85702-254-8
- Highland Country Diaries Ray Collier, Colin Baxter 1997 ISBN 1-900455-28-5
- A Burren Journal Sarah Poyntz illustrated by Gordon D'Arcy and Anne Korff, Tír Eolas 2000 ISBN 1-873821-13-1
- A Country Diary Clifford Harper 36 of Harper's drawings, plus an essay by Richard Boston, Agraphia Press 2003 ISBN 1-904596-00-2
- A Lifetime of Mountains: The Best of A Harry Griffin's 'Country Diary' A Harry Griffin edited by Martin Wainwright, foreword by Chris Bonington, Aurum Press Ltd, 2005, ISBN 1-84513-112-6
- ^ a b Greenwood, Jeremy JD; Greenwood, Julian G May 2018 "The Origin of the Birdwatching Term "Jizz"" British Birds 111 5: 292-294
- Country Diary page on the Guardian website
- Clifford Harper's website DEAD LINK
|This United Kingdom newspaper-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
country diary, country diary 2019, country diary bedding, country diary collection, country diary honeysuckle rose towels, country diary noritake, country diary of an edwardian lady, country diary of an edwardian lady dishes, country diary of an edwardian woman, country diary poppy bedding
Country Diary Information about
Country Diary viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.