Count of Champagnecount of champagne, theobald ii count of champagne
The Count of Champagne was the ruler of the region of Champagne from 950 to 1316 Champagne evolved from the county of Troyes in the late eleventh century and Hugh I was the first to officially use the title "Count of Champagne"
When Sancho VII of Navarre died childless in 1234, his nephew Count Theobald IV of Champagne became also King of Navarre The latter's greatgrandaughter Joan married King Philip IV of France Upon Joan's death in 1305, her son Louis became the last independent count of Champagne, with the title merging into the royal domain upon his accession to the French throne in 1314
The titular counts of Champagne also inherited the post of seneschal of France
- 1 Counts and dukes of Champagne, Troyes, Meaux and Blois
- 11 Dukes of Champagne
- 12 Counts of Meaux and Troyes
- 13 Counts of Champagne
- 14 Counts of Champagne and Kings of Navarre
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 Further reading
Counts and dukes of Champagne, Troyes, Meaux and Bloisedit
Dukes of Champagneedit
In Merovingian and Carolingian times, several dukes of Champagne or Campania are known The duchy appears to have been created by joining together the civitates of Rheims, Châlons-sur-Marne, Laon, and Troyes In the late seventh and early eighth centuries, Champagne was controlled by the Pippinids; first by Drogo, son of Pippin of Herstal, and then by Drogo's son Arnulf
- Drogo 690–708
Counts of Meaux and Troyesedit
|Counts of Troyes
||Counts of Meaux
- Robert, II of Troyes 956–967
- Herbert, III of Meaux, 967–995
- Stephen I 995–1022
- Odo, I of Meaux and III of Troyes 1022–1037, also Count of Blois
- Stephen II 1037–1048
- Odo, II of Meaux and IV of Troyes 1048–1066
- Theobald I 1066–1089, also Count of Blois
|Counts of Troyes
||Counts of Meaux and Blois
Counts of Champagneedit
- Hugh 1102–1125
- Theobald II 1125–1152
- Henry I 1152–1181
- Henry II 1181–1197
- Theobald III 1197–1201
Counts of Champagne and Kings of Navarreedit
- Theobald IV, also King Theobald I of Navarre 1201–1253
- Theobald V, also Theobald II of Navarre 1253–1270
- Henry III, also Henry I of Navarre 1270–1274
- Joan 1274–1305, also Joan I of Navarre
- Louis 1305–1316, also Louis I of Navarre, became Louis X of France, in 1314, after which the title merged into the royal domain
- Timeline of Troyes
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations August 2010 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
- Evergates, Theodore Feudal Society in the Baillage of Troyes under the Counts of Champagne, 1152-1284 ISBN 0-8018-1663-7
- Evergates, Theodore Feudal Society in Medieval France: Documents from the County of Champagne ISBN 0-8122-1441-2 paperback, ISBN 0-8122-3225-9 hardback
- Evergates, Theodore "The Aristocracy of Champagne in the Mid-Thirteenth Century: A Quantitative Description" Journal of Interdisciplinary History, Vol 5 pp 1–18 1974
- Sánchez-Marco, Carlos 2005, "Casa de Champagne House of Champagne", La Historia Medieval del Reyno de Navarra The Medieval History of Navarre, retrieved 24 August 2010
calorie count of champagne, carb count of champagne, count of champagne, count of champagne coat of arms, eudes count of champagne, henry i count of champagne, hugh count of champagne, medieval painting count of champagne, odo count of champagne, theobald ii count of champagne
Count of Champagne Information about
Count of Champagne
Count of Champagne
Count of Champagne viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.