Chrome Web Storechrome web store, chrome web store extensions
The Chrome Web Store is Google's online store for web applications for Google Chrome or Google Apps It was announced at the Google I/O conference on May 19, 2010 by Vic Gundotra and released on December 6, 2010 The software allows users to install and run web applications for the Google Chrome browser The Chrome Web Store user experience and design was created by Fi
The store hosts free and paid applications An example of applications available in the store includes the game Plants vs Zombies The Store has been described as being like Google Play, but for "apps on the web" A visual and UI overhaul of the store was announced on October 25, 2011
- 1 Criticism
- 2 Sales
- 3 References
- 4 Further reading
- 5 External links
Some commentators have questioned the need for an online app store, indicating that what is installed within the system ought to be freely available rather than give the illusion it has been "imported" from somewhere Ryan Paul of Ars Technica said on December 9, 2010: "The way that users consume applications in the desktop and mobile world is fundamentally different than the way that they do it on the Web—where paywalls are often reviled and there is little distinction between content and software In such an environment, does the application store model make any sense We are not convincedAside from gaming, the idea of an application store in a Web browser—where installation is little more than bookmarking—seems counterintuitive and leaves us with the impression that the entire exercise is a solution in search of a problem"
In January 2014, media outlets exposed a recent trend of developers selling the rights to their Chrome extensions to unknown third-party companies for as much as "four-figure" amounts, who then silently push updates that incorporate previously non-existent adware into the extensions The two extensions singled out by these reports, Tweet This Page and Add to Feedly, were pulled from Chrome Web Store by Google on January 19, 2014
Five percent of computer browser visits to Google owned websites are altered by computer programs that inject their own ads into pages Researchers have identified 50,870 Google Chrome extensions and 34,407 programs that injected ads Thirty-eight percent of extensions and 17 percent of programs were catalogued as malware, the rest being potentially unwanted adware-type applications
TechCrunch reported that sales of paid web apps had by January 2011 sunk, with the best-selling app earning just $165 a week
In December 2011, TechCrunch reported that the redesign of the Web Store had been a "boon for developers", with the remake seeming to "catalyze a big increase in traffic, across downloads, users, and total number of apps" As of June 2012, users had installed 750 million apps from the Chrome Web Store
- ^ Saint, Nick 2010-05-19 "Google Launching "Chrome Web Store"" Business Insider Retrieved 2010-06-02
- ^ Kay, Erik 2010-05-19 "The Chrome Web Store" Google Retrieved 2010-06-02
- ^ "The Chrome Web Store Case Study" We are Fi Retrieved 2013-01-20
- ^ Rogers, Chris 2011-08-11 "Google Chrome Blog: Building better web apps with a new Chrome Beta" Chromeblogspotcom Retrieved 2013-06-14
- ^ "Publishing to the Chrome Web Store" Google Developers Retrieved 2014-01-20
- ^ Siegler, MG 2010-05-19 "Google Previews Chrome Web Store — An App Store For The Web If You're Using Chrome" TechCrunch Retrieved 2010-06-02
- ^ Miller, Ross 2010-05-19 "Google unveils Chrome web store, Sports Illustrated app impresses" Engadget Retrieved 2010-06-02
- ^ Dybwad, Barb 2010-05-19 "Google Chrome Web Store to Create a Marketplace for Web Apps" Mashable Retrieved 2010-06-02
- ^ Guymon, Shannon "Making Chrome even more app-ealing" Retrieved 31 October 2011
- ^ Paul, Ryan "Chrome Web Store: a solution in search of a problem" Ars Technica Retrieved 9 May 2011
- ^ "Adware vendors buy Chrome Extensions to send ad- and malware-filled updates" Ars Technica Retrieved 20 January 2014
- ^ "Google Removes Two Chrome Extensions Amid Ad Uproar" Wall Street Journal Retrieved 20 January 2014
- ^ "Ad Injection at Scale: Assessing Deceptive Advertisement Modifications" PDF
- ^ http://wwwpcworldcom/article/2920012/superfish-injects-ads-in-one-in-25-google-page-viewshtml
- ^ http://wwwciocomau/article/574450/superfish-injects-ads-one-25-google-page-views/
- ^ Kincaid, Jason "Sales Are At A Trickle On Google's Chrome Web Store" TechCrunch Retrieved 4 January 2011
- ^ Empson, Rip "New Chrome Web Store Proves To Be A Boon For Developers Above And Below The Fold" TechCrunch Retrieved 5 December 2011
- ^ Vikas SN 2012-06-29 "The Lowdown: Google I/O 2012 Day 2 – 310M Chrome Users, 425M Gmail & More" MediaNama Retrieved 2013-06-14
- "Google launches Chrome Web Store" at CNET
- "Google Chrome Web Apps Store Offers Lifeline to Media" at Wired
- "Chrome web store unveiled at Google I/O" at the Christian Science Monitor
- "Google Reveals Chrome Web Store" at Edge
- "Google to Launch Chrome Web Store, SI on Board" at MediaWeek
- "Google Chrome Web Store Will Let Developers Sell Web Apps" at eWeek
- "Google plans store for Chrome Web applications" at Tehran Times
- "Google Gives Web $120 Million Gift" at InformationWeek
- "TechBytes: Chrome App Store" at ABC News
- "Google focuses on Web media at I/O" at Yahoo!
- Official website
- Developer documentation
chrome web store, chrome web store adblock, chrome web store apps, chrome web store download, chrome web store extensions, chrome web store games, chrome web store themes, chrome web store themes background, chrome web store wallpapers, chrome web store-apps-google
Chrome Web Store Information about
Chrome Web Store
Chrome Web Store
Chrome Web Store viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.