Charles Fingercharles finger author, charles finger
Charles Joseph Finger December 25, 1869 – January 7, 1941 was a British American writer and musician
Finger was born in Willesden, England, and educated at King's College London He traveled extensively as a young man, visiting North America, South America, and Africa He eventually settled in the United States, in Fayetteville, Arkansas
He became the acting editor of the Reedy's Mirror after William Marion Reedy's death in 1920
Finger won the 1925 Newbery Medal for the book Tales from Silver Lands 1924, a collection of stories from South America Some of his other works are Bushrangers 1924, Tales Worth Telling 1927, Courageous Companions 1929, and A Dog at His Heel 1936 His autobiography is Seven Horizons 1930
Finger was an accomplished musician He directed the San Angelo Conservatory of Music in Texas, from 1898 to 1904 One of his piano students in San Angelo was David Wendel Guion, who achieved notability for arranging and popularizing the ballad "Home on the Range"
The epitaph on Finger's gravestone is "This voyage done, set sail and steer once more To further landfall on some nobler shore" He is buried in the Farmington, Arkansas cemetery
- ^ "Information About Charles J Finger", "Charles J Finger Papers" finding aid, University of Arkansas Libraries libinfouarkedu Retrieved 2016-06-04
The collection includes "Correspondence and Papers of Helen Finger Leflar and Others" Helen Finger illustrated children's books including some written by her father Evidently she was his literary executor
- ^ Newbery Medal Books: 1922–1955, eds Bertha Mahony Miller and Elinor Whitney Field, Horn Book, 1955, LCCN 55-13968, p 37
- ^ Genius of Place, Max J Puzel, Louisiana State University Press, 1985, p 17 at Google Books
- ^ "Charles Joseph Finger 1867–1941", Ethel C Simpson, Last Updated 11/13/2013, The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture encyclopediaofarkansasnet, Little Rock: The Central Arkansas Library System
- Works by Charles Finger at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Charles Finger at Internet Archive
- Charles Finger at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Charles Joseph Finger at Library of Congress Authorities, with 75 catalog records
- Helen Finger daughter at LC Authorities, with 4 records, and at WorldCat
|Newbery Medal winner
Arthur Bowie Chrisman
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This biographical article about a print editor of the United States is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
charles finger, charles finger author, charles finger dubois pa, charles fingerhut bakery brookfield il, charles fingerhut's bakeries cicero il, charles fingers
Charles Finger Information about
Charles Finger viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.