Cattenom Nuclear Power Plantcattenom nuclear power plant, cattenom nuclear power plant location
The Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant is a nuclear power plant located in Grand Est in the Cattenom commune, France, on the Moselle River between Thionville 7 km upstream and Trier 48 km downstream It is close to the city of Luxembourg 22 km and Metz 32 km
- 1 Description
- 11 Cooling
- 2 Events
- 3 Earthquake resistance
- 4 References
The site consists of 4 pressurized water reactors that were all built between 1979 and 1991 and have an electric output of 1300 MW each The plant is a relatively modern and large nuclear power plant In 2006 it produced the third most electricity 34 TWh of the nuclear plants in France behind Gravelines 385 TWh and Paluel 349 TWh
The plant employs about 1200 regular employees and about 1000 more during outage times
The station received its ISO 14001 certification in 2005, and should have its ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 in 2007
The site uses 4 separate cooling towers which use 890,000,000 m3 31×1010 cu ft of water from the Moselle annually1 Additionally, a water reserve on site, Lake Mirgenbach, was created The creation of this lake has led to the flooding of the subterranean portions of Ouvrage Kobenbusch, part of the Maginot Line In 1985 an artificial lake was also created in the Pierre-Percée valley in the Vosges
During the 2003 European heat wave the plant was permitted to pipe the waste heat water used for cooling directly into the Moselle river The heating of the water in these cases is limited to 15 degrees Celsius by prefectoral decree Heating to 22 degrees was accidentally caused once
- In March 2001, the reactor building of Unit 3 was evacuated with 131 people, apparently due to a false alarm No one was hurt and there were no radiation releases2
- Eight workers were exposed to radiation in March 20053
- On March 12, 2008, an employee was exposed to about 1/20 of the annual maximum allowed dose4
- On 28 February 2013, two contract workers have died and a third seriously injured in an accident during maintenance work in a reactor building They were working on a platform which appears to have become detached, dropping the workers several meters to the floor below5
- On June 7, 2013, the power transformer of unit 1 caught fire The block turned itself off automatically and nobody was hurt6
- On June 11, 2013, the power transformer of unit 3 caught fire7 Polychlorinated biphenyl has been used in the construction of the transformer, which is known to be toxic and carcinogenic when inhaled8
- On the evening of January 31, 2017, around 10pm, an administrative building caught fire The reactors were not shut down and continued normal operation after the fire 9
This list is not meant to be complete The references include the official ASN list,10 which names 88 events between March 2000 and March 2008
The Ministry for Ecology has declared the area around Cattenom to run a very low risk of earthquakes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cattenom nuclear power plant|
- ^ Eléments de diagnostic de la partie française Agence de l'Eau Rhin Meuse, published April 2005, accessed 2011-03-30
- ^ ASN on evacuations in March 2001
- ^ Notification of the ASN concerning the radiation of eight workers in March 2005 french
- ^ Disclosure by the EDF concerning the radiadion of an employee in March 2008 french
- ^ 1
- ^ transformer of unit 1 caught fire German
- ^ transformer of unit 3 caught fire German
- ^ PCB in transformer of unit 3 German
- ^ Administrative building fire English
- ^ the pages of the french ASN French
|Fuel cycle locations||
|List of nuclear reactors in France|
cattenom nuclear power plant, cattenom nuclear power plant location, cattenom nuclear power plant maps
Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant Information about
Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant
Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant
Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.