Carcinosarcomacarcinosarcoma of the uterus, carcinosarcoma
Carcinosarcomas are malignant tumors that consist of a mixture of carcinoma or epithelial cancer and sarcoma or mesenchymal/connective tissue cancer1 Carcinosarcomas are rare tumors, and can arise in diverse organs, such as the skin, salivary glands, lungs, the esophagus, pancreas, colon, uterus and ovaries1234567
Four main hypotheses have been proposed for the cellular origins of carcinosarcoma, based largely on the pathology of the disease13 First, the collision tumor hypothesis, which proposes the collision of two independent tumors resulting in a single neoplasm, based on the observation that skin cancers and superficial malignant fibrous histiocytomas are commonly seen in patients with sun-damaged skin; second, the composition hypothesis, which suggests that the mesenchymal component represents a pseudosarcomatous reaction to the epithelial malignancy; third, the combination hypothesis, which suggests that both the epithelial and mesenchymal components of the tumor arise from a common pluripotential stem cell that undergoes divergent differentiation; and fourth, the conversion/divergence hypothesis, which argues that the sarcomatous component of the tumor represents a metaplastic sarcomatous transformation of the epithelial component Despite the remaining uncertainty on the mechanisms that generate these tumors, recent immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and molecular genetic studies suggest and favor the notion of monoclonality in carcinosarcoma13 In addition, identical p53 and KRAS mutations have been identified in both epithelial and mesenchymal components of carcinosarcoma, findings that suggest an early alteration in the histogenesis of the tumor with late transformation or degeneration of the epithelial component into the sarcomatous component3
- Uterine adenosarcoma
- ^ a b c d Zidar N, Gale N 2015 "Carcinosarcoma and spindle cell carcinoma--monoclonal neoplasms undergoing epithelial-mesenchymal transition" Virchows Arch 466 3: 357–358 PMID 25420898 doi:101007/s00428-014-1686-3
- ^ Braham E, Ben Rejeb H, Aouadi S, Kilani T, El Mezni F 2014 "Pulmonary carcinosarcoma with heterologous component: report of two cases with literature review" Ann Trans Med 2 4: 41 PMC 4200607 PMID 25333016 doi:103978/jissn2305-583920140210
- ^ a b c d Loh TL, Tomlinson J, Chin R, Eslick GD 2014 "Cutaneous carcinosarcoma with metastasis to the parotid gland" Case Rep Otolaryngol 2014: 173235 PMC 4190691 PMID 25328737 doi:101155/2014/173235
- ^ Au JT, Sugiyama G, Wang H, Nicastri A, Lee D, Ko W, Tak V 2010 "Carcinosarcoma of the oesophagus - a rare mixed type of tumor" J Surg Case Rep 2010 7: 7 PMC 3649142 PMID 24946341 doi:101093/jscr/201077
- ^ Shim HJ, Hong YK, Kim SJ, Choi YJ, Kang JG 2010 "Carcinosarcoma on ascending colon found by bowel perforation: a case report" J Korean Soc Coloproctol 26 5: 368–372 PMC 2998018 PMID 21152142 doi:103393/jksc2010265368
- ^ Gungorduk K, Ozdemir A, Ertas IE, Gokcu M, Telli E, Oge T, Sahbaz A, Sayhan S, Sanci M, Harma M, Ozalp S 2015 "Adjuvant treatment modalities, prognostic predictors and outcomes of uterine carcinosarcomas" Cancer Res Treat 47 2: 282–289 PMC 4398122 PMID 25358384 doi:104143/crt2014009
- ^ George EM, Herzog TJ, Neugut AI, Lu YS, Burke WM, Lewin SN, Hershman DL, Wright JD 2013 "Carcinosarcoma of the ovary: natural history, patterns of treatment, and outcome" Gynecol Oncol 131 1: 42–45 PMC 4230696 PMID 23838036 doi:101016/jygyno201306034
- Carcinosarcoma entry in the public domain NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
This article incorporates public domain material from the US National Cancer Institute document "Dictionary of Cancer Terms"
|Not otherwise specified||
|Connective tissue neoplasm||
|Complex mixed and stromal||
carcinosarcoma, carcinosarcoma cancer, carcinosarcoma cancer survival rate, carcinosarcoma lung, carcinosarcoma of the uterus, carcinosarcoma ovarian cancer, carcinosarcoma ovary, carcinosarcoma pathology outlines, carcinosarcoma prognosis, carcinosarcoma treatment
Carcinosarcoma Information about
Carcinosarcoma viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.