Cache-only memory architecturecache-only memory architecture and organization, cache-only memory architecture in oracle
Cache only memory architecture COMA is a computer memory organization for use in multiprocessors in which the local memories typically DRAM at each node are used as cache This is in contrast to using the local memories as actual main memory, as in NUMA organizations
In NUMA, each address in the global address space is typically assigned a fixed home node When processors access some data, a copy is made in their local cache, but space remains allocated in the home node Instead, with COMA, there is no home An access from a remote node may cause that data to migrate Compared to NUMA, this reduces the number of redundant copies and may allow more efficient use of the memory resources On the other hand, it raises problems of how to find a particular data there is no longer a home node and what to do if a local memory fills up migrating some data into the local memory then needs to evict some other data, which doesn't have a home to go to Hardware memory coherence mechanisms are typically used to implement the migration
A huge body of research has explored these issues Various forms of directories, policies for maintaining free space in the local memories, migration policies, and policies for read-only copies have been developed Hybrid NUMA-COMA organizations have also been proposed, such as Reactive NUMA, which allows pages to start in NUMA mode and switch to COMA mode if appropriate and is implemented in the Sun Microsystems's WildFire12 A software-based Hybrid NUMA-COMA implementation was proposed and implemented by ScaleMP,3 allowing for the creation of a shared-memory multiprocessor system out of a cluster of commodity nodes
- Non-uniform memory access
- Uniform memory access
- Partitioned global address space
- ^ "WildFire: A Scalable Path for SMPs" PDF
- ^ "Performance Experiences on Sun's WildFire Prototype" 1999
- ^ "United States Patent: Cluster-based operating system-agnostic virtual computing system"
- F Dahlgren and J Torrellas June 1999 "Cache-only memory architectures" IEEE Computer 32 6: 72–79 doi:101109/2769448
- E Hagersten, A Landin, and S Haridi September 1992 "DDM-A cache-only memory architecture" PDF IEEE Computer 25 9: 44–54 doi:101109/2156381 CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- B Falsafi and D A Wood June 1997 "Reactive NUMA: a design for unifying S-COMA and CC-NUMA" Proceedings of the 24th Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture ISCA pp 229–40
|This computer hardware article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
cache-only memory architecture and organization, cache-only memory architecture for stack, cache-only memory architecture in oracle, cache-only memory architecture of gpu
Cache-only memory architecture Information about
Cache-only memory architecture
Cache-only memory architecture
Cache-only memory architecture viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.