Brucella melitensisbrucella melitensis, brucella melitensis bacteria
Brucella melitensis is a Gram-negative coccobacillus bacterium from the Brucellaceae family The bacterium causes ovine brucellosis, along with Brucella ovis It can infect sheep, cattle, and sometimes humans, and it can be transmitted by the stable fly It is zoonotic, unlike B ovis, causing Malta fever or localized brucellosis in humansBrucella melitensis colonies growing on agar
- 1 Pathogenesis and disease
- 2 History
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Pathogenesis and diseaseedit
The bacterium causes severe inflammation of the epididymis, with formation of spermatocoeles and fibrinous adhesions This disease is known as ovine brucellosis, and is a reportable disease in the USA1 It can also cause epididymitis in cattle, and reproductive disease such as orchitis, mastitis, and abortionscitation needed
In 1887, M melitensis was isolated in Malta by David Bruce from the spleen of a soldier who had died from acute brucellosis2 The mechanism of transmission was not determined until 1905, when Temi Żammit found that apparently healthy goats could infect humans with M melitensis via their milk3
- ^ "Reportable and Foreign Animal Diseases" PDF USDAgov USDA Retrieved 2017-02-04
- ^ Galińska, EM; Zagórski, J 2013 "Brucellosis in humans--etiology, diagnostics, clinical forms" Annals of agricultural and environmental medicine : AAEM 20 2: 233–8 PMID 23772567
- ^ Wyatt, HV 2005 "How Themistocles Zammit found Malta Fever brucellosis to be transmitted by the milk of goats" Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 98 10: 451–454 PMC 1240100 PMID 16199812 doi:101258/jrsm9810451
- Brucella melitensis, reviewed and published by Wikivet at http://enwikivetnet/Brucella_melitensis, accessed 2011-08-24
- Brucella melitensis genomes and related information at PATRIC, a Bioinformatics Resource Center funded by NIAID
- Brucella melitensis 16M genome information
- Brucella melitensis in African wildlife diseases
|This veterinary medicine–related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
|This Alphaproteobacteria-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
brucella melitensis, brucella melitensis after abortion goat, brucella melitensis bacteria, brucella melitensis culture, brucella melitensis disease that causes, brucella melitensis humans, brucella melitensis identification, brucella melitensis structure, brucella melitensis symptoms, brucella melitensis treatment
Brucella melitensis Information about
Brucella melitensis viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.