British India Corporationbritish india corporation ltd, british india corporation
Coordinates: 26°28′35″N 80°20′23″E / 26476393°N 80339617°E / 26476393; 80339617
|Headquarters||14/66, Civil Lines, Kanpur-208 001, INDIA|
|Number of employees||1,800|
British India Corporation Limited BIC is a Public Sector Undertaking PSU of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India The company produces textiles for use by civilians and the Indian armed forces It manufactures the popular "Lal-imli" and "Dhariwal" brands of woollen products The company was established in 1920 by Sir Alexander MacRobert1 as a public limited company2 when he combined his six companies into one enterprise1 MacRobert died on 22 June 19223a and his widow, Lady Rachel Workman MacRobert, assumed the role of director5 until her eldest son, Alasdair, became chairman in 19376
In 1981, it was nationalised and taken over by the Government of India2 It has not generated profit since 19897
Headquartered in Kanpur, BIC nominally operates two woollen mills in Kanpur and Dhariwal Punjab In 2006 the company employed over 2,700 people and had aggregated revenues of ₹373 million US$58 million89A view of Lal Imli factory
It ceased manufacturing in 2005 but still employs 1,800 people New weaving machines installed in 2005 have never been used7
- ^ Sir Alexander changed the spelling of his name from McRobert to MacRobert when he was awarded a baronetcy4
- ^ a b Miller 2014, p 109
- ^ a b "UP Govt Unveils Revival Package For British India Corporation", Financial Express, 28 January 2003
- ^ "Death of Sir A McRobert", The Times 43065, p 11, 23 June 1922
- ^ Miller 2014, p 9
- ^ "Lady MacRobert", The Times 53026, p 8, 2 September 1954
- ^ Miller 2014, p 128
- ^ a b "Modi seeks to revive India's 'zombie factories', not abandon them", Reuters, 12 October 2014
- ^ "British India Corporation, Balance sheet" PDF, Department of Public Enterprises, archived from the original PDF on 16 July 2011
- ^ "British India Corporation Ltd" PDF, Ministry of Textiles, archived from the original on 19 June 2009
- Miller, Marion 2014, Cawnpore to Cromar, Librario, ISBN 978-1-909238-09-1
|Rivers, dams, lakes||
|Lok Sabha constituencies
in Megapolitan Region
|This article about an Indian company is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
british india corporation, british india corporation kanpur, british india corporation limited, british india corporation ltd
British India Corporation Information about
British India Corporation
British India Corporation
British India Corporation viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.