Bristol Homeopathic Hospitalbristol hospital, bristol hospital jobs
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital was a hospital in the city of Bristol in south-west England, specializing in homeopathic treatments It was founded in 1852 but had a history as a dispensary dating back to 1832 It later became a National Health Service hospital
From 1925, the hospital was based in its own building, Cotham House, in the Cotham area of Bristol On 7 January 2013 the hospital moved operations from Cotham to the South Bristol Community Hospital In-patient services had been provided at Cotham House until 1986, when they were moved to the Bristol Eye Hospital, with out-patients continuing at Cotham House
Homeopathic services ceased at the Hospital in October 2015, partly in response to a campaign against the public funding of homeopathy lead by the Good Thinking Society and public figures such as Simon Singh and Edzard Ernst University Hospitals Bristol confirmed to the Clinincal Commissioning Group that it would cease to offer homeopathic therapies from October 2015, at which point homeopathic therapies would no longer be included in the contract
Homeopathic services in the Bristol area were relocated to the Portland Centre for Integrative Medicine, described as "a new independent social enterprise" In response to a FOI request, Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group revealed that "there are currently no NHS contracts for homeopathy in place with the Portland Centre"
The Cotham House building, designed by George Oatley, is a Grade II listed building
- ^ Sue Young 27 May 2010 "The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital" Sue Young Histories Retrieved 25 January 2013
- ^ a b c Historic England "Bristol Homeopathic Hospital Grade II 1403123" National Heritage List for England Retrieved 14 November 2015
- ^ a b "Bristol Homeopathic Hospital" University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust 2013 Archived from the original on 26 January 2013 Retrieved 25 January 2013
- ^ "Bristol Homeopathic Hospital To Cease Offering Homeopathic Treatments" Good Thinking Retrieved 29 April 2016
- ^ a b c d Cardwell, Mark 10 June 2015 "Homeopathy services will no longer be available at Bristol NHS Trust hospitals" Bristol Post Retrieved 29 April 2016
- ^ Mark Cardwell 2 April 2015, NHS spends more than £200,000 on homeopathic treatments in Bristol, retrieved 19 December 2016
Coordinates: 51°27′44″N 2°36′13″W / 514621°N 26037°W / 514621; -26037
|This article about a Bristol building or structure is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
|This United Kingdom hospital article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
bristol hospital, bristol hospital address, bristol hospital jobs, bristol hospital phone number
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital Information about
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.