Bogislaw von Boninbogislaw von bonin, colonel bogislaw von bonin
Bogislaw Oskar Adolf Fürchtegott von Bonin January 17, 1908, Potsdam – August 13, 1980, Lehrte near Hannover was a German Wehrmacht officer and journalist
- 1 Early life
- 2 World War II
- 21 Arrest
- 3 Post World War II
- 4 Awards
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Bonin was born in Potsdam, Brandenburg, and joined the 4 Reiterregiment 4th Cavalry Regiment of the German Reichswehr in 1926 From October 1927 to August 1928, he received officer training at the School of Infantry, Dresden, together with Claus von Stauffenberg and Manfred von Brauchitsch, and was promoted to Lieutenant in 1930 In 1937-1938, he attended the War Academy Kriegsakademie in Berlin and became a member of the Army High Command in 1938
World War IIColonel Bogislaw von Bonin center is seen with fellow hostages shortly after their liberation by US forces in South Tyrol on 5 May 1945
In 1943, he was the chief of staff of the XIV Panzer Corps in Sicily and for a short time Chief of Staff of the LVI Panzer Corps of the 1st Hungarian Army in 1944 He attained the rank of Colonel and became the Chief of the Operational Branch of the Army General Staff Generalstab des Heeres
On 16 January 1945, Bonin gave Heeresgruppe A permission to retreat from Warsaw during the Soviet Vistula-Oder Offensive, rejecting a direct command from Adolf Hitler for them to hold fast He was arrested by the Gestapo on 19 January 1945 and imprisoned first at Flossenbürg concentration camp and then Dachau concentration camp
With several family members Sippenhäftlingen of the July 20 plot and other notable prisoners such as Léon Blum, Kurt Schuschnigg, Hjalmar Schacht, Franz Halder and Fritz Thyssen, he was transferred to Tyrol but the transfer ended up delivering them to Niederdorf in South Tyrol
Upon hearing that an old friend of his, Generaloberst Heinrich von Vietinghoff, was in command of Army group C with headquarters in Bolzano, Bonin attempted to contact him in order to ask him to safeguard the prisoners, making the identity of the high-status prisoners known as well as the fear that they were to be executed before liberation by US troops Not getting hold of von Vietinghoff he instead spoke to his chief of staff General Hans Röttiger, whom he also knew, who promised to get hold of von Vietinghoff for him
A message was sent to Wehrmacht troops in Sexten, 17 km east of Niederdorf, resulting in the arrival next day of Captain Wichard von Alvensleben together with 15 soldiers Thus, on 30 April, against the background of advancing US troops and Alvensleben's unit, which had now surrounded the village, the SS guards decided to escape in one bus and one lorry The freed prisoners were then accommodated at the Pragser Wildsee Hotel until advance units from the 42nd Infantry Division and the 45th Infantry Division reached Niederdorf, on 5 May 1945 
Post World War II
Bonin became a prisoner of war and started working as a freight forwarder in 1947, but later on for Daimler Benz In 1952, he joined the "Amt Blank" Bureau Blank, named after its director Theodor Blank, the predecessor of the later Federal Ministry of Defence, as the head of the subdivision "military planning", to map out a strategy for the German contribution to the European Defence Community However, he came into conflict with the Adenauer government, as he favoured a more neutral or independent German policy In 1955, before the German Bundeswehr was established, Bonin was released and became a journalist
Bonin died in Lehrte
- German Cross in Gold on 14 January 1942 as Major im Generalstab in the 17 Panzer-Division
- ^ Peter Hoffmann: "Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg", München 2007, mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflinkISBN 978-3-570-55046-5
- ^ BA James, Moonless Night, Page 184-187
- ^ Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p 51
- Olaf Theiler: Abschreckung oder Verteidigung Das Sicherheitsdilemma der Bundesrepublik - Gescheiterter Außenseiter – Der Rebell Bogislaw von Bonin, in: Informationen für die Truppe – Zeitschrift für Innere Führung der Bundeswehr
- Denkschrift Bogislaw von Bonin: Wiedervereinigung und Wiederbewaffnung – kein Gegensatz February 1955 Reaction of Blank March 1955
- Heinz Brill, Bogislaw von Bonin im Spannungsfeld zwischen Wiederbewaffnung – Westintegration – Wiedervereinigung Ein Beitrag zur Entstehungsgeschichte der Bundeswehr 1952-1955, Band I Baden-Baden 1987, Band II Baden-Baden 1989
- Patzwall, Klaus D; Scherzer, Veit 2001 Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] in German Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D Patzwall ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8
- list of prisoners at the Pragser Wildsee in German
- Bonin in May 1945
bogislaw von bonin, colonel bogislaw von bonin
Bogislaw von Bonin Information about
Bogislaw von Bonin
Bogislaw von Bonin
Bogislaw von Bonin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.