Bizcochitobizcochitos de grasa, bizcochito cookie
Bizcochito or biscochito is a crisp lard- or butter-based cookie, flavored with cinnamon2 and anise3 The name is a Spanish diminutive form of bizcocho The dough is rolled and traditionally cut into the shape or stars and crescent moons
The cookie was developed by residents of New Mexico4 over the centuries from the first Spanish colonists5 of what was then known as Santa Fe de Nuevo México The recipe for making the cookie has been greatly influenced not only by local and indigenous customs but also by recipes brought to New Mexico by immigrants from other Hispanic countries
Bizcochitos are served during special celebrations, such as wedding receptions, baptisms, and religious holidays especially during the Christmas season26 It is commonly served along with hot chocolate6 The cookie is seldom known outside the boundaries of the original Spanish province, although Spanish speakers may recognize the association with bizcocho, from the name, and may have some idea of what they must be, even if they have not encountered them beforecitation needed
In 1989, the US State of New Mexico made the biscochito its official state cookie63 This act made New Mexico the first US state to have an official state cookie37 It was chosen to help maintain traditional home-baked cookery
- New Mexican cuisine
- List of cookies
- List of US state foods
- New Mexico portal
- Food portal
|Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on
- ^ Hudgens, T 2011 The Commonsense Kitchen: 500 Recipes + Lessons for a Hand-Crafted Life Chronicle Books LLC p 542 ISBN 978-1-4521-0033-3 Retrieved January 26, 2015
- ^ a b Cobos, R 2003 A Dictionary of New Mexico and Southern Colorado Spanish: Revised and Expanded Edition Museum of New Mexico Press p 33 ISBN 978-0-89013-537-2 Retrieved January 26, 2015
- ^ a b c "State Symbols" statenmus Retrieved 26 January 2015
- ^ "NewMaxico, Biscochitos Recipe" Retrieved 26 January 2015
- ^ Eisenstadt, P; Belshaw, J 2012 A Woman in Both Houses: My Career in New Mexico Politics University of New Mexico Press ISBN 978-0-8263-5025-1 Retrieved January 26, 2015
- ^ a b c Brown, W; Cogan, J 2014 United Cakes of America: Recipes Celebrating Every State ABRAMS p 305 ISBN 978-1-61312-795-7 Retrieved January 26, 2015
- ^ Smith, AF 2007 The Oxford Companion to American Food and Drink Oxford Companions Oxford University Press, USA ISBN 978-0-19-530796-2 Retrieved January 26, 2015
bizcochito, bizcochito cookie, bizcochito de mujer, bizcochito letra youtube, bizcochito recipe, bizcochito relleno de guayaba dominicanos, bizcochito spong, bizcochitos de anis, bizcochitos de grasa, bizcochitos de queso
Bizcochito Information about
Bizcochito viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.