Bismarck Monument (Hamburg)bismarck statue hamburg中文, bismarck statue hamburg
The Bismarck Monument German: Bismarck-Denkmal in Hamburg is a memorial sculpture located in the St Pauli quarter dedicated to Otto von Bismarck It is one of 250 memorials to Bismarck worldwide and is the largest and probably best-known of these Bismarck towers The monument stands near the jetties of Hamburg port on the Elbhöhe, today a local recreation area The architect was Johann Emil Schaudt; the sculptor was Hugo Lederer
- 1 History
- 2 Architecture
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 Literature
- 6 External links
The site of the monument was previously occupied by the Elbpavillon restaurant which was removed in 1901 Mayor Johann Georg Mönckeberg established a citizens' commission to erect the monument at the site
The Bismarck Monument cost 500,000 Goldmarks, and construction finished in 1906 The building of the monument was documented by the photographer Wilhelm Weimar, who worked for the Hamburg Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe
The monument is approximately 35 m 115 ft high, weighs 600 t 590 long tons; 660 short tons, and is the world's largest Bismarck monument
Designers created a large network of catacombs beneath the monument During the years 1939 to 1940, they became an air-raid shelter offering protection for up to 650 people The architect's intent for the catacombs remain unknown however they, and the entire monument interior, are no longer accessible for safety reasons During the 1970s, a soldier who served with the British army during the occupation in Germany discovered a tunnel beneath the Bismarck memorial while in Hamburg which led to a Nazi hideout He contacted the Daily Mirror newspaper and they contacted the Burgermeister in Hamburg After viewing the tunnel as the soldier had just described it, the tunnel was sealed
- Bismarck Monument
- Bismarck Memorial
- Bismarck tower
- ^ a b Wiborg, Susanne 17 December 2008 "Der größte Bismarck der Welt" [The world's largest Bismarck] Die Zeit in German Retrieved 2009-11-18mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ a b c Hirschbiegel, Thomas 20 July 2006 "Der Titan vom Kiez wird 100" [The titan of the Kiez is 100] Hamburger Morgenpost in German Archived from the original on 19 December 2010 Retrieved 15 January 2017
- Jörg Schilling: Distanz halten - Das Hamburger Bismarckdenkmal und die Monumentalität der Moderne, Wallstein-Verlag, Göttingen 2006, ISBN 3-8353-0006-7
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bismarck-Denkmal Hamburg|
- Photo: Interior views of the Bismarck monument[permanent dead link]
- Historical aerial photo of the Bismarck monument
- Armanic article on the Schwarze Sonne mentioning the Bismarck Monument
bismarck statue hamburg, bismarck statue hamburg中文
Bismarck Monument (Hamburg) Information about
Bismarck Monument (Hamburg)
Bismarck Monument (Hamburg)
Bismarck Monument (Hamburg) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.