Bismarck, Illinoisbismarck illinois blue devils original logo, bismarck illinois high school basketball
Bismarck is a village in Newell Township, Vermilion County, Illinois, United States It is part of the Danville, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area The population was 579 at the 2010 census
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Education
- 4 Demographics
- 5 References
The original settlement in this immediate area was to the west of Bismarck's location, where the Hubbard Trail and the North Fork of the Vermilion River crossed It was originally called Franklin when it was founded in 1837, but it lasted only a few years Later, in 1843, Brothers John and Samuel Myers built a mill near the site of Franklin, and a town called Myersville later grew up there
In 1872, the C&EI Railroad went through the area; the tracks did not go through Myersville, but passed one and a half miles to the east Gradually, the town moved toward the railroad on land donated by Charles S Young and Dr John B Holloway Young named the town Bismarck after the German statesman and chancellor Otto von Bismarck, who he so admired
On September 13, 1997, the community celebrated its 125th birthday Festivities, which were attended by about 2,000 people, included a parade, contests, historical exhibits at the local grade school, and multiple performances
In 1998, the village of Bismarck was incorporated The members of the first village board were Mayor Eleanor White, Julie Boersma, Pat Kentner, Chuck Mockbee, Lyle Milner, Diane Holycross, Don Evans, Alvina Van Pelt, and Betty Lewis
Bismarck is located at 40°15′45″N 87°36′36″W / 4026250°N 8761000°W / 4026250; -8761000 40262371, -87609876, about eight miles north of the county seat of Danville
According to the 2010 census, Bismarck has a total area of 074 square miles 192 km2, all land
Public schools include Bismarck Henning Grade School, Bismarck Henning Junior High School, and Bismarck Henning High SchoolBismarck-Henning elementary school
|US Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 542 people, 204 households, and 158 families residing in the village The population density was 7978 people per square mile 3077/km² There were 210 housing units at an average density of 3091 per square mile 1192/km² The racial makeup of the village was 9963% White, 018% Native American, and 018% from two or more races
There were 204 households out of which 422% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 696% were married couples living together, 74% had a female householder with no husband present, and 225% were non-families 196% of all households were made up of individuals and 113% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 266 and the average family size was 308
In the village, the population was spread out with 279% under the age of 18, 59% from 18 to 24, 306% from 25 to 44, 236% from 45 to 64, and 120% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 37 years For every 100 females, there were 971 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 889 males
The median income for a household in the village was $41,731, and the median income for a family was $45,000 Males had a median income of $36,750 versus $21,667 for females The per capita income for the village was $15,255 About 34% of families and 42% of the population were below the poverty line, including 69% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over
- ^ "2016 US Gazetteer Files" United States Census Bureau Retrieved Jun 29, 2017mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ "USGS detail on Bismarck" Retrieved 2007-10-10
- ^ a b "Population and Housing Unit Estimates" Retrieved March 14, 2020
- ^ Stapp, Katherine; W I Bowman 1968 History Under Our Feet: The Story of Vermilion County, Illinois Danville, Illinois: Interstate Printers and Publishers, Inc pp 50–51
- ^ Compiled by Newell Township Historical Society 2000 Tales of a Township Danville, Illinois: Faulstich Printing Company p 26
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990" United States Census Bureau 2011-02-12 Retrieved 2011-04-23
- ^ "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1" United States Census Bureau Archived from the original on 2020-02-13 Retrieved 2015-08-02
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Retrieved June 4, 2015
- ^ "US Census website" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31
|County seat: Danville|
| Other |
|Footnotes||‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties|
|Illinois portal United States portal|
||Seal of Illinois|
bismarck illinois blue devils original logo, bismarck illinois church, bismarck illinois fire department, bismarck illinois high school basketball, bismarck illinois homes for sale, bismarck illinois little league, bismarck illinois post office, bismarck illinois public schools, bismarck illinois youth football
Bismarck, Illinois Information about
Bismarck, Illinois viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.