Bertram Batloggbertram batlogg, bertram batlogger
Bertram Josef Richard Batlogg is an Austrian physicist known for his research on high-temperature superconductivity
Batlogg was born in the town of Bludenz in Austria He is the great-grandson of the freedom fighter Johann Josef Batlogg Batlogg was educated in the Swiss Federal Institute ETH Zurich, earning his diploma in physics in 1974, and his PhD in 1979 working with mixed valence rare-earth compounds He then joined Bell Labs, first as a post-doctoral researcher, and rising to be the head of the Solid State Physics and Materials Research Division at Bell Labs by 1986 After the discovery of high-temperature superconductors in 1987, Batlogg studied various cuprate compounds and together with Robert Cava discovered several transition metal oxide superconductors with high transition temperatures In 1997, he won the Bell Labs' Bernd Mathias Prize for his research on superconductivity
Starting in 1998, Batlogg worked with Christian Kloc and Jan Hendrik Schön to study electronic properties of organic crystals Over the next two years, the collaboration produced a series of ground-breaking papers regarding properties of these materials However, the experimental data provided by Schön was later shown to be fraudulent, and several of the most important papers were retracted by the authors The incident came to be known as the Schön scandal Batlogg, Kloc and Schön's other collaborators were cleared of all scientific wrongdoing by an external committee appointed by Bell Labs
Batlogg joined ETH, Zurich as a professor in 2000, where he remained until his retirement in 2016
- ^ "2000 David Adler Lectureship Award in the Field of Materials Physics Recipient" American Physical Society Retrieved 27 July 2012
- ^ "The Physicist Bertram Batlogg" Loccata Archived from the original on 2 February 2016 Retrieved 27 July 2012
- ^ a b "Prof Dr Bertram Batlogg" ETH Zurich Retrieved 27 July 2012
- ^ a b "He Turned Up The Heat On a Very Cold Subject" Bell Labs Alcatel-Lucent Archived from the original on 2 February 1999 Retrieved 27 July 2012
- ^ Service, Robert F May 2002 "Pioneering Physics Papers Under Suspicion for Data Manipulation" Science 296 5572: 1376–1377 doi:101126/science29655721376 PMID 12029100 Retrieved 27 July 2012
|This article about an Austrian scientist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
bertram batlogg, bertram batlogger
Bertram Batlogg Information about
Bertram Batlogg viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.