Bernard Bergonzi FRSL 13 April 1929 – 20 September 2016 was a British literary scholar, critic, and poet He was Emeritus Professor of English at the University of Warwick and an expert on T S Eliot
He was born in London and studied at the Wadham College, Oxford He had an academic position in Manchester before moving to Warwick, and has held visiting professorships at American universities
- Godolphin and Other Poems Latin Press, 1952
- Descartes and the Animals - Poems 1948-54 1954
- The Fantasy Poets: Number 34 Fantasy Press 1957 with Dennis Keene and Oscar Mellor
- The Early H G Wells: A Study of The Scientific Romances 1961
- LPHartley and Anthony Powell 1962 with Paul Bloomfield, British Council, Writers and Their Work #144, revised 1971 as Bergonzi on Powell
- Heroes' Twilight A Study of the Literature of the Great War 1965 revised 1980
- An English Sequence 1966 poems
- Innovations: Where is our Culture Going 1968 editor, with Marshall Mcluhan, Frank Kermode, Leslie Fiedler
- Great Short Works of Aldous Huxley 1969 editor
- TSEliot: Four Quartets 1969 editor, essays
- The Situation of the Novel 1970
- "The Twentieth Century" 1970 editor, Volume 7 of the Sphere History of Literature in the English Language
- Memorials 1970 poems
- T S Eliot 1972
- The Turn of a Century - Essays on Victorian and Modern English Literature 1973
- H G Wells - A Collection of Critical Essays 1976 editor
- Gerard Manley Hopkins 1977
- Reading the Thirties 1978
- Years Mandeville Press 1979 poems
- The Roman Persuasion 1981 novel
- The Myth of Modernism and Twentieth Century Literature 1986
- A Short History of English Literature 1990 revision of Ifor Evans
- Exploding English: Criticism, Theory, Culture OUP, 1991
- Wartime and Aftermath : English Literature and Its Background, 1939-60 OUP, 1993
- David Lodge 1995
- War Poets and Other Subjects 1999
- A Victorian Wanderer The Life of Thomas Arnold the Younger OUP, 2003
- A Study in Greene OUP, 2006
- ^ Homberger, Eric; Lodge, David 27 September 2016 "Bernard Bergonzi obituary" Retrieved 27 September 2016 – via The Guardian
- Carcanet Press
Bernard Bergonzi Information about
Bernard Bergonzi viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.