Benign fibrous histiocytomabenign fibrous histiocytoma, benign fibrous histiocytoma pathology outlines
Benign fibrous histiocytomas also known as dermal dendrocytoma,1 dermatofibroma,2 fibrous dermatofibroma,2 fibrous histiocytoma,2 fibroma simplex,1 nodular subepidermal fibrosis,1 and sclerosing hemangioma1 are benign skin growths3
- 1 Presentation
- 2 Immunohistochemical staining
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Dermatofibromas are hard solitary slow-growing papules rounded bumps that may appear in a variety of colours, usually brownish to tan; they are often elevated or pedunculated A dermatofibroma is associated with the dimple sign; by applying lateral pressure, there is a central depression of the dermatofibroma Although typical dermatofibromas cause little or no discomfort, itching and tenderness can occur Dermatofibromas can be found anywhere on the body, but most often they are found on the legs and arms4 They occur most often in women; the male to female ratio is about 1:45 The age group in which they most commonly occur is 20 to 45 years
Some physicians and researchers believe dermatofibromas form as a reaction to previous injuries such as insect bites or thorn pricks5 They are composed of disordered collagen laid down by fibroblasts Dermatofibromas are classed as benign skin lesions, meaning they are completely harmless, though they may be confused with a variety of subcutaneous tumours6 Deep penetrating dermatofibromas may be difficult to distinguish, even histologically, from rare malignant fibrohistocytic tumours like dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans7
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Acrochordon, also called skin tags
- List of cutaneous conditions
- ^ a b c d e Rapini, Ronald P; Bolognia, Jean L; Jorizzo, Joseph L 2007 Dermatology: 2-Volume Set St Louis: Mosby ISBN 1-4160-2999-0 page needed
- ^ a b c Freedberg; et al 2003 Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine 6th ed McGraw-Hill p 668 ISBN 0-07-138076-0
- ^ "benign fibrous histiocytoma" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary
- ^ "dermatofibroma" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary
- ^ a b c Dermatofibroma at eMedicine
- ^ Jung, Kyu Dong; Lee, Dong-Youn; Lee, Joo-Heung; Yang, Jun-Mo; Lee, Eil-Soo 2011 "Subcutaneous Dermatofibroma" Annals of Dermatology 23 2: 254–7 PMC 3130878 PMID 21747634 doi:105021/ad2011232254
- ^ Hanly, A J; Jordà, M; Elgart, G W; Badiavas, E; Nassiri, M; Nadji, M 2006 "High proliferative activity excludes dermatofibroma: Report of the utility of MIB-1 in the differential diagnosis of selected fibrohistiocytic tumors" Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine 130 6: 831–4 PMID 16740036 doi:101043/1543-21652006130831:HPAEDR20CO;2 inactive 2017-01-15
- ^ Kim, HJ; Lee, JY; Kim, SH; Seo, YJ; Lee, JH; Park, JK; Kim, MH; Cinn, YW; Cho, KH; Yoon, TY 2007 "Stromelysin-3 expression in the differential diagnosis of dermatofibroma and dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: Comparison with factor XIIIa and CD34" British Journal of Dermatology 157 2: 319–24 PMID 17596171 doi:101111/j1365-2133200708033x
|Not otherwise specified||
|Connective tissue neoplasm||
|Complex mixed and stromal||
benign fibrous histiocytoma, benign fibrous histiocytoma (dermatofibroma), benign fibrous histiocytoma in oral cavity, benign fibrous histiocytoma lesion, benign fibrous histiocytoma middle ear, benign fibrous histiocytoma mri, benign fibrous histiocytoma of bone cases prevalence, benign fibrous histiocytoma pathology outlines, benign fibrous histiocytoma radiology, benign fibrous histiocytoma treatment
Benign fibrous histiocytoma Information about
Benign fibrous histiocytoma
Benign fibrous histiocytoma
Benign fibrous histiocytoma viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.