Ben Lomond Mountain (Utah)ben lomond mountain north ogden utah, ben lomond mountain ogden utah
Ben Lomond, just north of Ogden, Utah, is a peak in the northern portion of the Wasatch Mountains A popular trail passes over its summit elevation 9,716 feet 2,961 m, accessible from four different trailheads to the north, south, and east
It is often referred to by locals as Ben Lomond Peak, Mt Ben Lomond, and Ben Lomond Mountain The USGS has it labeled as Ben Lomond on maps3
Ben Lomond stands out along the Wasatch Front because the mountain range appears to run east and west along the Wasatch Range, while most mountains appear to run south and north Two miles northwest of Ben Lomond is Willard Peak, with an elevation of 9,764 feet 2,976 m Northwest of Willard Peak is Inspiration Point A dirt road travels 14 miles 23 km from Mantua, Utah to Inspiration Point The road is usually not passable until July due to deep snow that resists melting due to the area's northern exposure Atop Inspiration Point on a clear day, one can see Salt Lake City to the south, Willard Bay and the Great Salt Lake to the west, and the city of Logan, Utah to the northeast
From Inspiration Peak one can hike or bike to the summit of Ben Lomond, and then continue east to a trailhead on North Ogden Pass The trail is listed as one of the top mountain bike rides in Utah The distance from the North Ogden trailhead to the summit of Ben Lomond is approximately 9 miles 14 km
Ben Lomond was named after the mountain Ben Lomond in the Scottish Highlands4 Mary Wilson Montgomery an early settler thought the mountain range resembled the Munro5
According to some sources, the Paramount Pictures logo, known as Majestic Mountain, was modeled after Ben Lomond It is said that William W Hodkinson, the founder of Paramount and a native of the Ogden area, initially drew the image on a napkin during a meeting in 191467
- ^ a b "Ben Lomond, Utah" Peakbaggercom Retrieved 2009-06-07
- ^ "Ben Lomond" Geographic Names Information System United States Geological Survey Retrieved 2011-05-07
- ^ "Ben Lomond" SummitPostorg Retrieved 2016-04-22
- ^ Van Atta, Dale Jan 22, 1977 "You name it - there's a town for it" The Deseret News p 15 Retrieved 2015-10-18
- ^ "Ben Lomond Trail information" United States Forest Service Archived from the original on 2008-09-24 Retrieved 2009-06-07
- ^ Arave, Lynn September 8, 2008 "Paramount's logo has given millions a peek at the Ogden mountain" Deseret News Retrieved 2011-05-08
- ^ "The Straight Dope on the Paramount Logo" The Straight Dope Archived from the original on August 13, 2008 Retrieved 2011-05-08
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Lomond Mountain Utah|
- "Ben Lomond" SummitPostorg
ben lomond mountain north ogden utah, ben lomond mountain ogden utah
Ben Lomond Mountain (Utah) Information about
Ben Lomond Mountain (Utah)
Ben Lomond Mountain (Utah)
Ben Lomond Mountain (Utah) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.