Beeston transport interchangebeeston transport interchange design, beeston transport interchange hubs
The Beeston transport interchange is an interchange between the trams of the Nottingham Express Transit NET network and local buses It is situated in the centre of the town of Beeston in Nottinghamshire, England The stop is on line 1 of the NET, from Hucknall via Nottingham city centre to Beeston and on to Chilwell, and is shown as Beeston Town Centre on NET publicity The interchange is some 750 metres 05 mi north-west of Beeston railway station12
The interchange is modelled on a successful design used on the Strasbourg tram system in France, and comprises two staggered island platforms Trams serve the outer faces of the platforms, whilst the inner faces are served by local bus services An elongated facing crossover allows outbound trams to terminate in the inbound platform Vehicular access to the interchange is restricted to buses and trams234
The interchange opened to buses 12 July 2015 and has replaced the previous Beeston bus station, which was situated nearby The tram stop within the interchange opened on 25 August 2015, along with the rest of NET's phase two Trams run at frequencies that vary between 4 and 8 trams per hour, depending on the day and time of day1345
The interchange is served by the following bus routes:4
- 18 : Stapleford - Beeston - Rylands - Nottingham
- 20 : Heanor - Marlpool - Shipley - Ilkeston - Larklands - Kirk Hallam - Trowell - Stapleford - Bramcote - Beeston - Beeston Rylands - QMC - Nottingham
- 36 : Chilwell - Beeston - Queen's Medical Centre - Nottingham
- 510 : Beeston - Toton - Stapleford
- indigo : Derby - Long Eaton - Beeston - Queen's Medical Centre - Nottingham
- L10 : Beeston - Wollaton - Nottingham
- L11 : Beeston - Arnold
- N34 : Beeston - Nottingham
- N36 : Beeston - Chilwell
- Y5 : Derby - Long Eaton - Beeston - Nottingham
Construction underway in January 2015
Close-up of one of the platforms, showing bus stops left and tram stop right
Interchange between buses and trams
- ^ a b "Extending your Tram Service" PDF Nottingham Express Transit Archived PDF from the original on 7 August 2015 Retrieved 5 August 2015
- ^ a b Skelsey, Geoffrey 2015 Nottingham's growing tramway - Building on NET's success LRTA pp 70–74 ISBN 978-0-948106-49-1
- ^ a b "New station set to open in Beeston" Nottingham Post Local World 7 July 2015 Archived from the original on 8 July 2015 Retrieved 8 September 2015
- ^ a b c Your new Beeston Bus and Tram Interchange - leaflet Nottinghamshire County Council 29 July 2015 Retrieved 9 September 2015
- ^ "Nottingham Express Transit Phase 2 opens" Railway Gazette DVV Media UK Ltd 25 August 2015 Archived from the original on 28 August 2015 Retrieved 25 August 2015
Media related to Beeston transport interchange at Wikimedia Commons
beeston transport interchange design, beeston transport interchange hub, beeston transport interchange hubs
Beeston transport interchange Information about
Beeston transport interchange
Beeston transport interchange
Beeston transport interchange viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.