Bassekou Kouyatebassekou kouyate, bassekou kouyate & ngoni ba
Bassekou Kouyaté born in 1966 in Garana is a musician from Mali His band is known as Ngoni ba
He was born in Garana, Barouéli Cercle, 60 kilometres from Ségou in 1966 At the age of 12, he started playing the Ngoni In the late 1980s he moved to the capital Bamako
Kouyaté's debut album Segu Blue was released internationally in 2007 by Out Here Records and distributed in the UK by Proper Music Distribution The album was produced by Lucy Durán He has also appeared on a number of albums by Toumani Diabaté and has performed in several European countries In 2010, Kouyaté has been on tour with Béla Fleck
Kouyaté's wife, Amy Sacko, is also a successful solo artist and sings lead in his band His father Mustapha Kouyaté was a ngoni player and his mother Yagaré Damba was a praise singer
Kouyate, together with wife Sacko and Ngoni Ba, appeared at The 2013 Proms
- 1 Discography
- 2 Filmography
- 3 Awards
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Segu Blue Out Here Records, 2007
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: I Speak Fula Out Here Records, 2009
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Jama Ko Out Here Records, 2013
- Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba: Ba Power Glitterbeat Records, 2015
- The Rough Guide To Desert Blues World Music Network, 2010
- 2008: Throw Down Your Heart, by Sascha Paladino: Himself
- 2013: The Africa Express, by Renaud Barret and Florent de La Tullaye: Himself
- 2016: Easy Man, by Jasper Cremers and Dennis de Groot: Himself
- 2016: Mali Blues, by Lutz Gregor: Himself
- 2008 – BBC Radio 3 Awards for World Music – Album of the Year & African Artist of the Year
- ^ a b Frank Bessem's Musiques d'Afrique: Bassekou Kouyate
- ^ a b c d e Fly Global Music, March 10, 2007: Bassekou Kouyaté – Blue Like a River to a Desert
- ^ Dacks, David March 2010 "Ngoni Hero Bassekou Kouyaté" Exclaim!
- ^ Allmusiccom entry on Amy Sacko
- ^ "Prom 54: World Routes Prom" bbccouk 22 August 2013 Retrieved 22 August 2013
- ^ BBC3 Awards for World Music winners 2008
- More from Mali: Review African Business, January 2008
- mali-musiccom: Bassekou Kouyaté The prince of the strings 15 January 2004
- Bassekou Kouyate official website
- Out Here Records
- Bassekou Kouyaté on Facebook
bassekou kouyate, bassekou kouyate & ngoni ba, bassekou kouyate ba power, bassekou kouyate bala, bassekou kouyate i speak fula, bassekou kouyate image, bassekou kouyate jamana be diya live, bassekou kouyate music, bassekou kouyate tour, bassekou kouyate youtube
Bassekou Kouyate Information about
Bassekou Kouyate viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.