Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishnabangalore puttaiya radhakrishnan, bangalore puttaiya radha krishna
Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishna or B P Radhakrishna, also popularly known as BPR; 1918–2012, was one of the leading geologists of India He was often referred to as 'the doyen of Indian geology' Currently he lives in Bangalore and regularly writes the editorial in the Journal of the Geological Society of India published by the Geological Society of India
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Awards and distinctions
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Life and career
B P Radhakrishna was born on 30 April 1918 at Bangalore, as the third son of Sri Bangalore Puttaiya, a well-known public figure of Mysore State BPR graduated from the Central College, Bangalore in the year 1937 obtaining BSc Hons degree in geology in First Class and securing a gold medal
Soon after graduation, he joined the Mysore Geological Department MGD as a field assistant at the young age of 19
BPR served the Department for 37 years and retired from service in 1974 His tenure of office as Director of the Department saw a great expansion in activities, especially in mineral resource development and the utilisation of groundwater resources of the State
BPR will be remembered for his service to the cause of geology in India Besides being a core member of the group that conceived the idea of forming the Geological Society of India in 1958 for "improvement in the standard of geological research, by providing a forum for free exchange of ideas and media for quick publications of results and wide dissemination of knowledge", he served as the first Secretary for fifteen years and later as the Editor between 1974–92
The Society under his fostering care has developed and continues to flourish The Journal which was issued once a year became a monthly Apart from maintaining high standards for the Journal, a series of other publications, Memoirs, Lecture Notes, Field Guide Books, Mineral Resource Series and Text Books of Geology and Mineral Resources of individual States have been brought out
BPR always paid attention to the organisation of Symposia, Group Discussions and Field Workshops For the past few years the Annual Meetings of the society are being held at different centres in the country to emphasise the national character of the Society and also to spot promising young talent and encourage its development
The publications of the Society have exercised a beneficial influence on the growth of Earth Science Studies in India The Society has grown in stature and has nearly 2000 members on its roll BPR's deep involvement and selfless service are central to the Society
BPR always encouraged multi-disciplinary efforts to study geological problems The distinguishing character of his approach was his remarkable independence, he was reluctant to seek governmental support for the Society On the contrary, he firmly believed in personal commitment involving the intellectual labour of its fellows rather than financial contributions
Awards and distinctions
Various awards and distinctions have been conferred on BPR
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, elected in 1956
- National Mineral Award of the Govt of India 1971
- Fellow of Indian National Science Academy, elected in 1972
- Honorary Fellow of the Geological Society of London, elected in 1986
- Honorary Fellow of the Geological Society of America, elected in 1988
- The Pramatha Nath Bose Medal of the Asiatic Society, Calcutta for the year 1990
- Honorary Doctor of Science by Indian School of Mines 1992
- National Mineral Award for Excellence of Govt of India 2000
- Rajyotsava Award of Govt of Karnataka, India
- DN Wadia Gold Medal by the Indian National Science Academy 1993
- "Padma Shree Awards" by the President of India1991
- The Karnataka Sahitya Academy recognised the biography he written on 'Raman' as the best biographies produced in Kannada in 1989
- ^ Book review of "Random Harvest: An Anthology of Editorials"
- ^ Journal of Geological Society of India
- ^ "From The Director" Mineskarnicin Archived from the original on 3 March 2012 Retrieved 5 November 2012
- ^ "Fellow Profile - Radhakrishna, Prof Bangalore Puttaiya" Indian Academy of Sciences Bangalore Retrieved 23 January 2016
- ^ "INSA" Insaindiaorg Retrieved 5 November 2012
- ^ http://wwwgeolsocorguk/gsl/society/honoraryfellowship
- ^ "Geological Society of America – Past Award & Medal Recipients" Geosocietyorg Retrieved 5 November 2012
- ^ "INSA" Insaindiaorg Archived from the original on 10 September 2012 Retrieved 5 November 2012
- Interview of Dr B P Radhakrishna in Current Science published by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, India
bangalore puttaiya radha krishna, bangalore puttaiya radha krishna image, bangalore puttaiya radha krishna images, bangalore puttaiya radhakrishnan
Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishna Information about
Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishna
Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishna
Bangalore Puttaiya Radhakrishna viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.