Bandırmabandırma 17 eylül üniversitesi, bandırma
Bandırma from Greek: Πάνορμος, Panormos is a city in northwestern Turkey with 143,000 inhabitants 2012 estimate on the Sea of Marmara Also, Bandırma is a district of Balıkesir
The city is a commercial centre and its harbour serves as a transit point for trade between Istanbul and İzmir There is also agriculture produced in the surrounding areas, producing products like cereals, sheep wool and meat, cattle, grain and the mineral boracite
The city has road and rail connections with other urban centres Balıkesir which is province centre is 90 km, Istanbul is 100 km northeast by boat, Bursa 100 km east, İzmir 270 km southwest and Çanakkale 170 km west Also city has a seaport and military airport
Bandırma's twin towns are Kamen, Germany and Mardin, Turkey
- 1 History
- 2 Transportation
- 3 Education
- 4 Population
- 5 International relations
- 51 Twin towns — Sister cities
- 6 Notable People from Bandırma
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The area was conquered by the Ottoman Empire from the Byzantine Empire in the 14th century
The town, once known as Panderma, grew with the opening of the Izmir Railway in 1912 The port was active, and hosted steamships from throughout the world, including British and Greek ships The city had intentions to build larger docks for large steamships
When World War I started, construction halted3 In 1918 the last shot of World War I was fired in the city A monument stands at the location of the shell fall
Bandırma is one of TCDD's main seaports, therefore the city sees much freight railroad traffic Two passenger trains also operate from Bandırma to İzmir daily These being the "6 Eylül Ekspresi", and the "17 Eylül Ekspresi" A new railway project will connect Bandırma with Bursa4 İDO also connects Bandırma with İstanbul, via ferry5 There is also a ferryboat from Tekirdag to Bandirma
There is one public university in Bandırma: Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University
|population by years|
|This section needs expansion You can help by adding to it June 2008|
International relationseditSee also: List of twin towns and sister cities in Turkey
Twin towns — Sister citiesedit
Bandırma is twinned with:
- Kamen, Germany since 1999
- Tongxiang, China since 20026
- Mardin, Turkey
Notable People from Bandırmaedit
- Bekir Sami Günsav, Military officer in the Ottoman and Turkish armies
- Ahmet Nuri Öztekin, Military officer in the Ottoman and Turkish armies
- Lambros Mytilinakis, Military officer in the Greek army
- ^ "Area of regions including lakes, km²" Regional Statistics Database Turkish Statistical Institute 2002 Retrieved 2013-03-05
- ^ "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012" Address Based Population Registration System ABPRS Database Turkish Statistical Institute Retrieved 2013-02-27
- ^ Prothero, GW 1920 Anatolia London: HM Stationery Office
- ^ Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Devlet Demiryolları
- ^ Inter-City Lines
- ^ Sister/Twin Cities of Balıkesir Province
- Municipality of Bandırma
|Metropolitan municipalities are bolded|
bandırma, bandırma 17 eylül üniversitesi, bandırma haber, bandırma hava durumu, bandırma iibf, bandırma iş ilanları, bandırma manşet, bandırma namaz vakitleri, bandırma obs, bandırma vapuru
Bandırma Information about
Bandırma viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.