Autumn Crocus (film)autumn crocus film izle, autumn crocus film action
Autumn Crocus is a 1934 British romance film directed by Basil Dean and starring Ivor Novello, Fay Compton and Muriel Aked The film follows a teacher who falls in love with the married owner of the guest house in which she is staying during a holiday to Austria It was based on Dodie Smith's first play Autumn Crocus, previously a West End hit for director Basil Dean The film was made by Associated Talking Pictures at Ealing Studios, with art direction by Edward Carrick It was the final film appearance of its star, Ivor Novello A contemporary reviewer wrote, "Novello's schoolboy knees under his Tyrolean shorts make the audience, if not the players, feel bashful"
- 1 Cast
- 2 Critical reception
- 3 References
- 4 Bibliography
- 5 External links
- Ivor Novello as Andreas Steiner
- Fay Compton as Jenny Grey
- Muriel Aked as Miss Mayne
- Esme Church as Edith
- Frederick Ranalow as Herr Feldmann
- Jack Hawkins as Alaric
- Diana Beaumont as Audrey
- Mignon O'Doherty as Frau Feldmann
- George Zucco as Reverend Mayne
- Gertrude Gould as Frau Steiner
- Alyce Sandor as Minna
- Pamela Blake as Lenchen
The New York Times reviewer wrote, "the wistful romance of the fading English schoolmistress and the cheerful Tyrolean inn-keeper drags in its telling, and this in the face of the presence of Fay Compton and Ivor Novello in the principal rôles and of Basil Dean's direction" The critic felt that Compton overacted, surprising since she played the role on stage for more than sixty weeks, in contrast to "the performances of Mr Novello, Muriel Aked and Esme Church, who did well, indeed" Still, the reviewer felt that Autumn Crocus "has a delicate charm, is handsomely photographed and presents a refreshingly different solution to a problem that would have had Hollywood's script-writers dashing madly in all directions"
- ^ "Autumn Crocus" Ftvdbbfiorguk Retrieved 2016-12-18
- ^ Dodie Smith "Dodie Smith" Goodreadscom Retrieved 2016-12-18
- ^ "British Film Directors" Googlecouk Retrieved 2016-12-18
- ^ Geoffrey Macnab "The rise and fall of Ivor Novello" The Guardian Retrieved 2016-12-18
- ^ a b c F S N 25 October 1934 "Movie Review - - Love Begins at 35" The New York Times Retrieved 18 December 2016
- Low, Rachael Filmmaking in 1930s Britain George Allen & Unwin, 1985
- Perry, George Forever Ealing Pavilion Books, 1994
- Autumn Crocus on IMDb
|This article related to a British film of the 1930s is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
autumn crocus film 2018, autumn crocus film action, autumn crocus film izle, autumn crocus film streaming
Autumn Crocus (film) Information about
Autumn Crocus (film)
Autumn Crocus (film)
Autumn Crocus (film) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.