See text for more details
Atlantogenata is a proposed clade of mammals containing the cohorts or superorders Afrotheria and Xenarthra These groups originated and radiated in the South American and African continents, presumably in the Cretaceous Together with Boreoeutheria, they make up Eutheria The monophyly of this grouping was supported by some genetic evidence
Alternative hypotheses are that Boreoeutheria and Afrotheria combine to form Epitheria as generally supported by anatomical and other physiological evidence or that Boreoeutheria and Xenarthra combine to form Exafroplacentalia or Notolegia
Updated analysis of transposable element insertions around the time of divergence strongly supports the fourth hypothesis of a near-concomitant origin trifurcation of the three superorders of mammals
Below shows the phylogeny of the extant atlantogenate families
- ^ Waddell, Peter J; Okada, Norohiro; Hasegawa, Masami 1999 "Towards Resolving the Interordinal Relationships of Placental Mammals" Systematic Biology 48 1: 1–5 doi:101093/sysbio/4811 PMID 12078634
- ^ Murphy, WJ; Pringle, TH; Crider, TA; Springer, MS; Miller, W 2007 "Using genomic data to unravel the root of the placental mammal phylogeny" Genome Research 17: 413–421 doi:101101/gr5918807 PMC 1832088 PMID 17322288
- ^ Wildman, Derek E; Chen, Caoyi; Erez, Offer; Grossman, Lawrence I; Goodman, Morris; Romero, Roberto 2006 "Evolution of the mammalian placenta revealed by phylogenetic analysis" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103 9: 3203–3208 doi:101073/pnas0511344103 PMC 1413940 PMID 16492730
- ^ Nishihara, H; Maruyama, S; Okada, N 2009 "Retroposon analysis and recent geological data suggest near-simultaneous divergence of the three superorders of mammals" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 106 13: 5235 doi:101073/pnas0809297106 PMC 2655268 PMID 19286970
- ^ Churakov, G; Kriegs, J O; Baertsch, R; Zemann, A; Brosius, J R; Schmitz, J R 2009 "Mosaic retroposon insertion patterns in placental mammals" Genome Research 19 5: 868–875 doi:101101/gr090647108 PMC 2675975 PMID 19261842
- Nikolaev, Sergey; Montoya-Burgos, Juan I; Margulies, Elliott H; NISC Comparative Sequencing Program; Rougemont, Jacques; Nyffeler, Bruno; Antonarakis, Stylianos E 2007 "Early History of Mammals is Elucidated with the ENCODE Multiple Species Sequencing Data" PLoS Genetics 3 1: e2 doi:101371/journalpgen0030002 PMC 1761045 PMID 17206863
- Springer, Mark S; Murphy, William J; Eizirik, Eduardo; O'Brien, Stephen J 2003 "Placental mammal diversification and the Cretaceous–Tertiary boundary" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 100 3: 1056–1061 doi:101073/pnas0334222100 PMC 298725 PMID 12552136
- Waddell, Peter J; Kishino, Hirohisa; Ota, Rissa 2001 "A phylogenetic foundation for comparative mammalian genomics" Genome Informatics 12: 141–154 PMID 11791233
- Wildman, Derek E; Chen, Caoyi; Erez, Offer; Grossman, Lawrence I; Goodman, Morris; Romero, Roberto 2006 "Evolution of the mammalian placenta revealed by phylogenetic analysis" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103 9: 3203–3208 doi:101073/pnas0511344103 PMC 1413940 PMID 16492730
|This article about a mammal is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
Atlantogenata Information about
Atlantogenata viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.