Arthur Van Vlissingenarthur van vlissingen school, arthur van vlissingen elementary
Arthur Van Vlissingen Jr 1895 - Oct 20, 1986 was an American writer and bureau chief for Business Week and Newsweek, noted as editor of the Factory and Industrial Management journal1
- 1 Life and work
- 2 Selected publications
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Life and workedit
Van Vlissingen was born in Chicago to Arthur H Van Vlissingen, who was a prominent real estate agent in Chicago2 After obtaining an engineering degree at the Northwestern University, and joined the US Navy to serve in World War I1
After graduation he joined the McGraw-Hill Publishing company as Assistant editor and later editor for the Factory and Industrial Management journal He continued to edited the magazine in the 1930s when it was renamed Factory Management and Maintenance3 In 1927 Van Vlissingen published "The Yankee of the Yards: The Biography of Gustavus Franklin Swift," co-authored with Louis Franklin Swift This work provides a history of Chicago’s meat packing industry from the viewpoint of the son of the founder of the largest packing company in the world4
In the 1930s he joined Business Week, where he became bureau chief in the Midwest He later joined Newsweek, where he headed its bureau In the 1960s he co-authored some more works on the history of postal offices in the 19th century
- Dunlap, John R, Arthur Van Vlissingen and John Michael Carmody eds Factory and industrial management, New York, The Engineering Magazine Co, 1928-1929
- Swift, Louis Franklin, Arthur Van Vlissingen Yankee of the Yards: The Biography of Gustavus Franklin Swift AW Shaw and Company, Chicago, Illinois 1927
- Richow, Harold E, Ray Van Handel, and Arthur Van Vlissingen The Territorial Post Offices of Wisconsin: Their Covers and Postmarks, July 4, 1836-May 29, 1848: Including Those which Were in the Michigan Territory, October 6, 1821-July 3, 1836 Wisconsin Postal History Society, 1963
- Van Vlissingen, Arthur, and Morrison Waud New York Foreign Mail Cancellations, 1870-1876 Collectors Club of Chicago, 1968
Articles, a selection:
- Van Vlissingen, Arthur "The BIG Idea behind Those SMALL Plants of Ford's" Factory Management and Maintenance 96: 46
- Arthur Van Vlissingen, Jr, "Fred Harvey," Factory and Industrial Management 78 Nov 1929: 1085 34
- ^ a b "Writer Arthur Van Vlissingen : Headed Bureau For Newsweek" in Chicago Tribune, October 22, 1986
- ^ Robert P Swierenga 2002 Dutch Chicago: A History of the Hollanders in the Windy City 2002, p 652
- ^ Howard P Segal 2008 Recasting the Machine Age: Henry Ford's Village Industries p 6
- ^ Chandler, Alfred D "The beginnings of “big business” in American industry" Business History Review 3301 1959: 1-31
- Writer Arthur Van Vlissingen at chicagotribunecom
arthur van vlissingen and company, arthur van vlissingen elementary, arthur van vlissingen prairie, arthur van vlissingen school
Arthur Van Vlissingen Information about
Arthur Van Vlissingen
Arthur Van Vlissingen
Arthur Van Vlissingen viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.