Antonio de Peredaantonio de pereda, antonio de pereda allegory of vanity
Antonio de Pereda c 1611 – January 30, 1678 was a Spanish Baroque-era painter,1 best known for his still lifes
- 1 Biography
- 2 Works
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Pereda was born in Valladolid He was the eldest of three brothers from an artistic family His father, mother and two brothers were all painters2 He was educated in Madrid by Pedro de las Cuevas and was taken under the protective wing of the influential Giovanni Battista Crescenzi2 After Crescenzi's death in 1635, Pereda was expelled from the court and began to take commissions from religious institutions2 As well as still lifes and religious paintings, Pereda was known for his historical paintings such as the Relief of Genoa 1635 which was painted for the Salón de Reinos of the Buen Retiro Palace in Madrid as part of the same series as Velázquez's Surrender of Breda3
WorkseditThe Immaculate conception
- El Socorro a Génova, 1634
- Agila, 1635, painted for the collection of series of Gothic kings at the Palacio del Buen Retiro, Museo del Prado
- Desengaño de la vida, around 1634
- Immaculate Immaculada, several paintings now at several museums including the Prado 1636 painting, the Museo de Ponce, Puerto Rico 1654 painting, the Hospital ed la Orden Tercera Church in Madrid 1657 painting, Lyon, Budapest, etc
- Annunciation, 1637, Prado
- Los desposorios de la Virgen con San José, 1640
- San Jerónimo penitente and San Pedro liberado por el ángel, 1643, Prado
- Profesión de la infanta Margarita con San Agustín y la Virgen en gloria, 1650, Convento de la Encarnación, Madrid
- Curación de Tobías, Barnard Castle, Bowes Museum, 1652
- San José Saint Joseph, Madrid, Royal Palace, 1654
- El Salvador, 1655, now at the Capilla del Cristo and at San Ginés church, Madrid
- Santo Domingo en Soriano St Dominic in Soriano, 1655, Museo Cerralbo
- Elías y los profetas de Baal Elijah and the Prophets of Baal, 1659, Madrid, parroquia del Carmen y San Luis
- The Sacrifice of Isaac, Dallas Museum of Art
- San Francisco de Asís en la Porciúncula St Francis of Assisi and the Porziuncola, 1664, Museo de Valladolid
- San jerónimo y la visión del Juicio Final, 1668, private collection
- San Guillermo de Aquitania St William of Aquitaine, 1672, Museum of Fine Arts, San Fernando
- Several paintings of Bodegon including the Museo d'Arte Antiga, Lisbon, Helsinki bodegón de frutas y bodegón de cocina and the Pushkin Museum, Moscow bodegón de legumbres, 1651
- Vanitas, Uffizi, Florence, also attributed by Valdés Leal and at the Museum of Fine Arts, Zaragoza
- The Knight's Dream El sueño del caballero, Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando
- Canticle of Saint Simon, Musée Condé, Chantilly
Still Life with an Ebony Chest
St Anthony of Padua with Christ Child
Allegory of Vanity
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Antonio de Pereda y Salgado|
- ^ Antonio de Pereda Online
- ^ a b c Linda Mann Art Gallery-Antonio de Pereda
- ^ Web Gallery of Art, image collection, virtual museum, searchable database of European fine arts 1100-1850
- Antonio de Pereda on Artcyclopedia
- Jusepe de Ribera, 1591-1652, a full text exhibition catalog from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which includes material on Antonio de Pereda see index
antonio de pereda, antonio de pereda allegory of vanity, antonio de pereda and st. anthony, antonio de pereda artist, antonio de pereda paintings, antonio de pereda riqueza, antonio de pereda still life clock, antonio de pereda the knight s dream, antonio de pereda vanitas, antonio de pereda y salgado
Antonio de Pereda Information about
Antonio de Pereda
Antonio de Pereda
Antonio de Pereda viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.