Androstadienoneandrostadienone, androstadienone products
Androstadienone, also known as androsta-4,16-dien-3-one, is an endogenous steroid that has been described as having potent pheromone-like activities in humans The compound is synthesized from androstadienol by 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and can be converted into androstenone a more potent and odorous pheromone by 5α-reductase, which can subsequently be converted into 3α-androstenol or 3β-androstenol also more potent and odorous pheromones by 3-ketosteroid reductase
Androstadienone is related to the androgen sex hormones; however, androstadienone does not exhibit any androgenic or anabolic effects Though it has been reported to significantly affect the mood of heterosexual women and homosexual men, it does not alter behavior overtly, although it may have more subtle effects on attention
Androstadienone is commonly sold in male fragrances; it is purported to increase sexual attraction, but there is no convincing evidence of its effectiveness Androstadienone, in picogram quantities, has been shown to have "significant reduction of nervousness, tension and other negative feeling states" in female subjects
- List of neurosteroids § Pheromones and pherines
- ^ Wyart C, Webster WW, Chen JH, Wilson SR, McClary A, Khan RM, Sobel N February 2007 "Smelling a single component of male sweat alters levels of cortisol in women" J Neurosci 27 6: 1261–5 doi:101523/JNEUROSCI4430-062007 PMID 17287500
- ^ Joseph Johannes; Agnes Maria Weusten 1989 Biochemical pathways in human testicular steroidogenesis PDF Pressa Trajectina
- ^ Lundström JN, Olsson MJ December 2005 "Subthreshold amounts of social odorant affect mood, but not behavior, in heterosexual women when tested by a male, but not a female, experimenter" Biol Psychol 70 3: 197–204 doi:101016/jbiopsycho200501008 PMID 16242537
- ^ "Mens' Sweat Pheromone, Androstadienone, Influences Cooperation In Other Men" Retrieved March 14, 2016
- ^ "Human Pheromone Molecules" Archived from the original on March 14, 2016 Retrieved March 14, 2016
- ^ "Human Sexual Responses Boosted by Bodily Scents" Retrieved March 14, 2016
- ^ Hummer TA, McClintock MK April 2009 "Putative human pheromone androstadienone attunes the mind specifically to emotional information" Horm Behav 55 4: 548–59 doi:101016/jyhbeh200901002 PMID 19470369
- ^ Woolston, Chris 2007-07-16 "Pheromones in your cologne Good luck" Los Angeles Times ISSN 0458-3035 Retrieved 2016-05-27
- ^ Grosser, B "Behavioral and electrophysiological effects of androstadienone, a human pheromone" Psychoneuroendocrinology 25 3: 289–99 doi:101016/s0306-45309900056-6 PMID 10737699
- A critical review of the evidence for the existence 1 human pheromones and 2 a functional vomeronasal organ VNO in humans
|This biochemistry article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
androstadienone, androstadienone and androstenone, androstadienone cologne, androstadienone for sale, androstadienone in dial, androstadienone pheromone, androstadienone products, androstadienone pronunciation, androstadienone spray, androstadienone supplements
Androstadienone Information about
Androstadienone viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.