Andrew Brown (writer)john brown writer, mark brown writer of barber shop
Andrew Brown born 1955 in London is a British journalist, writer, and editor He was one of the founding staff members of The Independent, where he worked as religious correspondent, parliamentary sketch writer, and a feature writer He has written extensively on technology for Prospect and the New Statesman and been a feature writer on the Guardian He has worked as the editor for the Belief section of the The Guardian's Comment is Free which won a Webby under his leadership and is currently a leader writer and member of the paper's editorial board He is also the press columnist of the Church Times In The Beginning was the Worm 2004 was shortlisted for the Aventis Prize Fishing in Utopia 2008 won the Orwell Prize and was nominated for the Dolman Best Travel Book Award in 2009
- 1 Views
- 11 Emglish Wikipedia
- 12 New Atheism
- 13 Christianity
- 2 Bibliography
- 3 Awards and nominations
- 4 References
Andrew Brown fears English Wikipedia has outcompeted rival encyclopedias and problems that lead to criticism of Wikipedia will continue Brown fears "charlatans and liars" have most to gain from editing Wikipedia and potential idealistic contributors are discouraged due to difficulties editing the site especially through smartphones
Brown has been a fierce critic of the New Atheists He has attacked Sam Harris for his advocacy of torture, and Richard Dawkins for the cult of personality that has grown around him He is sceptical of the concept of memes
Brown has described himself as someone for whom "Christianity is only true backwards" He has written that he is "constantly astonished by the way in which the Church of England contains such a large number of clever, learned and dedicated people giving their lives to an institution that is none of those things"
- Watching the Detectives 1989
- The Darwin Wars 2000
- In The Beginning was the Worm 2004
- Fishing in Utopia 2008
- That Was The Church That Was with Professor Linda Woodhead 2016
Awards and nominations
- 1994 "John Templeton European Religion Writer of the Year"
- 2004 Aventis Prize for In The Beginning was the Worm, nominated
- 2009 Dolman Best Travel Book Award for Fishing in Utopia, nominated
- 2009 Orwell Prize for Fishing in Utopia, won
- ^ "Sweden's magic, its women - and its fish" The Spectator Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ http://theorwellprizecouk/wp-content/files_mf/andrewbrownfishinginutopiapdf
- ^ http://wwwtempletonorg/pdfs/press_releases/Templeton-Cambridge%20Fellows%2007%20releasepdf
- ^ "Religion & Spirituality"
- ^ Rausing, Sigrid June 29, 2009 "The death of a dream" New Statesman |access-date= requires |url= help
- ^ "Wikipedia editors are a dying breed The reason Mobile" 25 June 2015 – via The Guardian
- ^ Brown, Andrew 8 August 2009 "Sam Harris, torture, quotation" – via The Guardian
- ^ "The bizarre – and costly – cult of Richard Dawkins" 16 August 2014
- ^ Brown, Andrew 8 July 2009 "Serious objections to memes" – via The Guardian
- ^ Gabora, L; Brown, A 1 January 1999 "Susan Blackmore, The Meme Machine" 6: 77–85 – via PhilPapers
- ^ "Help thou mine unbelief"
- ^ "How do churches get new bums on seats Get rid of the boring old ones" 1 April 2013 – via The Guardian
- ^ "A Policeman's Lot" Evening Times Feb 12, 1988 Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Rediscovering the gene genius" Sunday Herald Apr 4, 1999 Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "In the Beginning Was the Worm by Andrew Brown" New Scientist 22 February 2003 Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ Edgar, Lois 2006 "In the Beginning Was the Worm: Finding the Secrets of Life in a Tiny Hermaphrodite Book-Review" The Quarterly Review of Biology 81: 49–50 doi:101086/503924
- ^ "Fishing in Utopia by Andrew Brown" London Evening Standard Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Fishing in Utopia, By Andrew Brown - Reviews, Books" The Independent Jul 27, 2008 |access-date= requires |url= help
- ^ Oscarson, Christopher Spring 2010 "Andrew Brown Fishing in Utopia: Sweden and the Future that DisappearedBook review" Scandinavian Studies 82 1: 99 |access-date= requires |url= help
- ^ Bloomsburycom "That Was The Church That Was"
- ^ "Journalist receives first European Religion award" Christian Science Monitor October 2, 1995 Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Record entries for science prize" BBC Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Debut book wins Dolman Travel Book award" Telegraph Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Orwell Prize 2009" Granta Retrieved 27 April 2013
- ^ "Sverigeskildring fick Orwellpris" Svenska Dagbladet Retrieved 27 April 2013
|This article about a British journalist is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
andrew brown writer estee, john brown writer, mark brown writer, mark brown writer of barber shop, michael brown writer
Andrew Brown (writer) Information about
Andrew Brown (writer)
Andrew Brown (writer)
Andrew Brown (writer) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.