Ameridelphiaameridelphia list, ameridelphia
Ameridelphia is traditionally a superorder that includes all marsupials living in the Americas except for the Monito del monte Dromiciops It is now regarded as a paraphyletic group
The orders within this group are listed below:
- Order Didelphimorphia 93 species
- Family Didelphidae: opossums
- Order Paucituberculata 7 species
- Family Caenolestidae: shrew opossums
Evolution and phylogenetics
Modern marsupials are now understood to be an originally South American lineage that later reached Australia and diversified there in a massive adaptive radiation Molecular data, including analysis of retrotransposon insertion sites in the nuclear DNA of a variety of marsupials, and the fossil evidence indicate that Ameridelphia might best be understood as an evolutionary grade Since Didelphimorphia appears to be the basal marsupial group, it and Paucituberculata do not seem to be closest relatives Meanwhile, the unranked clade Euaustralidelphia has been proposed as the name for the Australian marsupials Australidelphia minus Microbiotheria, of which Dromiciops is the only survivor, which in all probability derive from a single colonization out of South America via Antarctica
- ^ a b c Schiewe, Jessie 2010-07-28 "Australia's marsupials originated in what is now South America, study says" LATimesCom Los Angeles Times Archived from the original on 1 August 2010 Retrieved 2010-08-01
- ^ a b c Nilsson, M A; Churakov, G; Sommer, M; Van Tran, N; Zemann, A; Brosius, J; Schmitz, J 2010-07-27 "Tracking Marsupial Evolution Using Archaic Genomic Retroposon Insertions" PLoS Biology Public Library of Science 8 7: e1000436 doi:101371/journalpbio1000436 PMC 2910653 PMID 20668664
|This article about a marsupial is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
ameridelphia, ameridelphia list
Ameridelphia Information about
Ameridelphia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.