Allan Bradleyallen bradley, allen bradley parts catalog
Allan Bradley FRS is a British geneticist at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- 1 Education
- 2 Career
- 3 Awards and honours
- 4 References
Bradley was educated at the University of Cambridge where he earned Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts and PhD degrees in Genetics from Trinity College, Cambridge gained while working in the laboratory of Martin Evans
Following his PhD, Bradley was appointed Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine, beginning in 1987 where he was also a Searle Scholar in 1988 Bradley was appointed a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator in 1993 and director of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, from October 2000 preceded by John Sulston to April 2010, succeeded by Michael Stratton
Awards and honours
Bradley won a 1994 DeBakey Award and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society FRS in 2002 His certificate of election reads:
"Allan Bradley has made important contributions to the technique of mutation of endogenous genes in mice, an approach that has opened up a new era of research in biology It is impossible to open an issue of a major journal nowadays without coming across an article that describes the consequences of mutating an endogenous gene in mice The generation of these mice is based on concepts and techniques that can be traced back to experiments performed and published by Bradley fifteen years ago In the years since, he has not only used ES cell technology to provide key information on the functions of many genes including several important tumour suppressor genes, but has also continued to improve and develop the techniques, technology, and tools for genetic manipulation in the mouse Today, mice can be generated with changes as subtle as an alteration in a single nucleotide or as extensive as the deletion of millions of base pairs These alterations will gain increasing importance in genetic experiments aimed at understanding the function of genes in the mammalian genome in the post genome era"
- ^ a b BRADLEY, Prof Allan ukwhoswhocom Who's Who 2014 online Oxford University Press ed A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc subscription required
- ^ a b "Certificate of election EC/2002/01: Allan Bradley" London: The Royal Society Archived from the original on 2015-08-05 Retrieved 2013-11-14
- ^ "The EMBO Pocket Directory" PDF European Molecular Biology Organization Archived from the original on 2015-03-16
- ^ Donehower, L A; Harvey, M; Slagle, B L; McArthur, M J; Montgomery Jr, C A; Butel, J S; Bradley, A 1992 "Mice deficient for p53 are developmentally normal but susceptible to spontaneous tumours" Nature 356 6366: 215–221 doi:101038/356215a0 PMID 1552940
- ^ Dalton, D; Pitts-Meek, S; Keshav, S; Figari, I; Bradley, A; Stewart, T 1993 "Multiple defects of immune cell function in mice with disrupted interferon-gamma genes" Science 259 5102: 1739–1742 doi:101126/science8456300 PMID 8456300
- ^ Guo, G; Wang, W; Bradley, A 2004 "Mismatch repair genes identified using genetic screens in Blm-deficient embryonic stem cells" Nature 429 6994: 891–895 doi:101038/nature02653 PMID 15215866
- ^ Kile, B T; Hentges, K E; Clark, A T; Nakamura, H; Salinger, A P; Liu, B; Box, N; Stockton, D W; Johnson, R L; Behringer, R R; Bradley, A; Justice, M J 2003 "Functional genetic analysis of mouse chromosome 11" Nature 425 6953: 81–86 doi:101038/nature01865 PMID 12955145
- ^ "Mouse genomics – Allan Bradley laboratory" Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Archived from the original on 2010-04-01
- ^ a b "Allan Bradley – Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute" Sangeracuk Archived from the original on 2013-11-13
- ^ Watts, Geoff 2007 "Martin Evans: joint winner of 2007 Nobel Prize in medicine" The Lancet 370 9605: 2095 doi:101016/S0140-67360761889-3 ISSN 0140-6736 PMID 18156018
- ^ "Professor Allan Bradley: a decade at Sanger | Wellcome Trust" Wellcomeacuk 15 June 2010 Retrieved 2012-04-04
- ^ "Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute's Director Honoured: Allan Bradley Elected to Royal Society – Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute" Sangeracuk Retrieved 2012-04-04
- ^ Allan Bradley's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier subscription required
- ^ Kate Kelland 12 October 2011 "New stem cell method could end need for liver transplants" National Post
- ^ Bradley, A 1985 Isolation characterization and developmental potential of murine embryo-derived stem cells PhD thesis University of Cambridge
- ^ "Searle Scholars Program: Allan Bradley 1988" Searlescholarsnet Retrieved 2012-04-04
- ^ "Bradley – DeBakey Excellence in Research Awards- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas" Bcmedu Archived from the original on 2012-07-19 Retrieved 2012-04-04
|Non-profit organization positions|
| Director of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
|Centres and institutes|
|Projects and facilities||
|Board of Governors||
|Other key people||
|Awards and fellowships||
|List of Fellows of the Royal Society|
allan bradley books, allan bradley hmi, allen bradley, allen bradley contactors, allen bradley distributor locator, allen bradley heater chart, allen bradley micrologix 1000, allen bradley parts catalog, allen bradley slc 500, allen bradley vfd
Allan Bradley Information about
Allan Bradley viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.