Ali ibn al-Madiniali ibn al-madini
Abū al-Ḥasan ʻAlī ibn ʻAbdillāh ibn Jaʻfar al-Madīnī 778 CE/161 AH – 849/234 Arabic: أبو الحسن علي بن عبد الله بن جعفر المديني was a ninth-century Sunni Islamic scholar who was influential in the science of hadith2
- 1 Biography
- 2 Works
- 3 Early Islam scholars
- 4 References
Ibn al-Madīnī was born in the year 778 CE/161 AH in Basra, Iraq to a family with roots in Medina now in Saudi Arabia3 His teachers include his father, ʻAbdullāh ibn Jaʻfar, Ḥammād ibn Yazīd, Hushaym and Sufyān ibn ʻUyaynah and other from their era His teacher, Ibn ʻUyaynah, said that he had learned more from Ibn al-Madīnī, his student, than his student from him2
Ibn al-Madīnī specialized in the disciplines of hadith, biographical evaluation and al-ʻIlal, hidden defects, in the sanad, chain of narration He was praised by other hadith specialists for his prowess in that field—by both his contemporaries, students and his teachers ʻAbd al-Raḥmān ibn Mahdī, a scholar who preceded him, described Ibn al-Madīnī the most knowledgeable person of prophetic hadith2
His students include prominent hadith scholars in their own right They include: Muḥammad ibn Yaḥyā al-Dhuhalī, Muḥammad ibn Ismāʻīl al-Bukhārī, Abū Dāwūd Sulaymān ibn al-Ashʻath al-Sijistānī and others Al-Bukhārī, who went on the collect what is considered to be the most authentic collection of hadith in Sunni Islam, said that he did not consider himself diminutive in comparison to anyone other than Ibn al-Madīnī
Al-Dhahabī lauded Ibn al-Madīnī as an imām and as exemplary to subsequent scholars in the field in hadith, a description he considered tarnished by Ibn al-Madīnī's adopted position in the theological inquisition of the ninth century According to Al-Dhahabī, he adopted a position in favor of the Muʻtazilah regarding the uncreated origin of the Quran, but later regretted this and declared the claimant that the Quran was created as an apostate2
Ibn al-Madīnī died in Samarra, Iraq in June, 849/Dhu al-Qa'dah, 23423
|Arabic Wikisource has original text related to this article: Ali ibn al-Madini|
Al-Nawawī said Ibn al-Madīnī authored approximately 100 works some on subjects not previously written about and many not since superseded3
- al-ʻIlal – on the subject of hidden defects `ilal in the sanads of hadith;3 of which a small segment has been published4
- Kitāb al-Ḍuʻafāʼ – on the subject of weak hadith narrators in the discipline of biographical evaluation4
- al-Mudallisūn – on the subject of hadith narrators who utilize ambiguous terminology in narrating4
- al-Asmāʼ wa al-Kunā – on names paidonymics4
- al-Musnad – a collection of hadith arranged by narrator4
- Kitab Ma'rifat al-Sahaba – The Book of Knowledge of the Companions
Early Islam scholarsedit
- ^ Al-Bastawī, ʻAbd al-ʻAlīm ʻAbd al-ʻAẓīm 1990 Al-Imām al-Jūzajānī wa-manhajuhu fi al-jarḥ wa-al-taʻdīl Maktabat Dār al-Ṭaḥāwī p 9
- ^ a b c d e al-Dhahabi, Muhammad ibn Ahmad 1957 al-Mu`allimi, ed Tadhkirah al-Huffaz in Arabic 2 Hyderabad: Dairah al-Ma`arif al-`Uthmaniyyah pp 428–9
- ^ a b c d al-Nawawi, Yahya ibn Sharaf 2005 Ali Mu`awwad and Adil Abd al-Mawjud, ed Tahdhib al-Asma wa al-Lughat in Arabic al-Asma Beirut: Dar al-Nafaes pp 455–6
- ^ a b c d e al-Mu`allimi, Abd al-Rahman ibn Yahya 1996 Ali al-Halabi, ed `Ilm al-Rijal wa Ahimmiyyatuh in Arabic first ed Riyadh: Dar al-Rayah p 38
ali ibn al-madini
Ali ibn al-Madini Information about
Ali ibn al-Madini
Ali ibn al-Madini
Ali ibn al-Madini viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.