Alfred Henry Lewisalfred henry lewis, wolfville by alfred henry lewis
Alfred Henry Lewis January 20, 1855 – December 23, 1914 was an American investigative journalist, lawyer, novelist, editor, and short story writer1
- 1 Career
- 2 Bibliography
- 21 Non-fiction
- 22 Novels and short story collections
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Lewis began as a staff writer at the Chicago Times, and eventually became editor of the Chicago Times-Herald2 By the late 19th century he was writing muckraker articles for Cosmopolitan As an investigative journalist, Lewis wrote extensively about corruption in New York politics2 In 1901 he published a biography of Richard Croker 1843–1922, a leading figure in the corrupt political machine known as Tammany Hall, which exercised a great deal of control over New York politics from the 1790s to the 1960s For his next biography, When Men Grew Tall 1907, he turned a more forgiving eye to Andrew Jackson 1767–1845, the seventh President of the United States
As a writer of genre fiction, his most successful works were Westerns from his Wolfville series, which he continued writing until he died of gastrointestinal disease in 1914
BibliographyeditThis list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it
- Richard Croker 1901
- When Men Grew Tall, or, The Story of Andrew Jackson 1907
- Nation-famous New York Murders 1914
Novels and short story collectionsedit
- Wolfville: Episodes of Cowboy Life 1893
- Sandburrs 1900
- Wolfville Days 1902
- Peggy O'Neal 1903
- The Black Lion Inn 1903
- The Boss, and How He Came to Rule New York 1903
- The President 1904
- Confessions of a Detective 1906
- Wolfville Folks 1908
- Wolfville Nights 1908
- The Apaches of New York 1912
- Faro Nell and Her Friends: Wolfville Stories 1913
- ^ "Alfred Henry Lewis, Author, Is Dead" The New York Times December 24, 1914 Retrieved May 11, 2011
- ^ a b "Alfred Henry Lewis" Spartacus Educational Retrieved 14 December 2013
- Alfred Henry Lewis on IMDb
- Works by Alfred Henry Lewis at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Alfred Henry Lewis at Internet Archive
- Works by Alfred Henry Lewis at LibriVox public domain audiobooks
alfred henry lewis, alfred henry lewis wolfville, the black lion inn alfred henry lewis, the sunset trail alfred henry lewis, wolfville alfred henry lewis 1897, wolfville by alfred henry lewis
Alfred Henry Lewis Information about
Alfred Henry Lewis
Alfred Henry Lewis
Alfred Henry Lewis viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.