Alexander Markovich Polyakovalexander polyakov, alexander markovich polyakov
Alexander Markovich Polyakov Russian: Алекса́ндр Ма́ркович Поляко́в; born 27 September 1945 is a Russian theoretical physicist, formerly at the Landau Institute in Moscow and, since 1990, at Princeton University
- 1 Important discoveries
- 2 Honors and awards
- 3 Famous quotes
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Polyakov is known for a number of basic contributions to quantum field theory, including work on what is now called the 't Hooft–Polyakov monopole in non-Abelian gauge theory, independent from Gerard 't Hooft Polyakov and coauthors discovered the so-called BPST instanton which, in turn, led to the discovery of the vacuum angle in QCD His path integral formulation of string theory had profound and lasting impacts on the conceptual and mathematical understanding of the theory His paper "Infinite conformal symmetry in two-dimensional quantum field theory", with Alexander Belavin, and Alexander Zamolodchikov, founded two-dimensional conformal field theory; it has classic status He also played an important role in elucidating the conceptual framework behind renormalization independent of Kenneth G Wilson's Nobel Prize–winning work He formulated pioneering ideas in gauge/string duality long before the breakthrough of AdS/CFT using D-branes Other insightful conjectures that came years or even decades before active work by others include integrability of gauge and string theories and certain ideas about turbulence
Very early in his career, in a 1965 student work, Polyakov suggested with Alexander Migdal a dynamical Higgs mechanism, slightly after but independently from the publications of Peter Higgs and others The paper was delayed by the Editorial Ofiice of JETP, and was published only in 1966
Honors and awards
Alexander Polyakov was awarded the Dirac Medal of the ICTP and the Dannie Heineman Prize for Mathematical Physics in 1986, the Lorentz Medal in 1994, the Oskar Klein Medal in 1996, the Harvey Prize in 2010 and the Lars Onsager Prize together with A Belavin and A Zamolodchikov in 2011 On 20 March 2013, Alexander Polyakov was announced the recipient of 2013 Fundamental Physics Prize
He was elected to the Soviet Academy of Sciences in 1984 and the US National Academy of Sciences NAS in 2005
“The garbage of the past often becomes the treasure of the present and vice versa”
“There are no tables for path integrals” quoted in 
- Polyakov action
- 't Hooft–Polyakov monopole
- Belavin–Polyakov–Schwarz–Tyupkin instantons
- QCD vacuum
- Conformal bootstrap
- Liouville theory
- AdS/CFT correspondence
- ^ a b "Princeton celebrates Polyakov's 60th" CERN Courier Mar 1: 2 2006
- ^ Belavin AA; Polyakov AM; Schwartz AS; Tyupkin YS 1975 "Pseudoparticle solutions of the Yang-Mills equations" Phys Lett B 59 1: 85–7 Bibcode:1975PhLB5985B doi:101016/0370-26937590163-X
- ^ Polyakov AM 1977 "Quark confinement and topology of gauge theories" Nucl Phys B 120 3: 429–58 Bibcode:1977NuPhB120429P doi:101016/0550-32137790086-4
- ^ Polyakov AM 1981 "Quantum geometry of bosonic strings" Phys Lett B 103 3: 207–10 Bibcode:1981PhLB103207P doi:101016/0370-26938190743-7
- ^ Belavin AA; Polyakov AM; Zamolodchikov AB 1984 "Infinite conformal symmetry in two-dimensional quantum field theory" Nucl Phys B 241 2: 333–80 Bibcode:1984NuPhB241333B doi:101016/0550-32138490052-X
- ^ AM Polyakov, A View From The Island, 1992
- ^ A A Migdal and A M Polyakov, "Spontaneous Breakdown of Strong Interaction Symmetry and Absence of Massless Particles", Soviet Physics JETP, July 1966
- ^ Alexander M Polyakov Site of RAS
- ^ Polyakov, Alexandre NAS Section: Physics
- ^ Dirac Medalist Elected to NAS Archived 2007-08-16 at the Wayback Machine ICTP News 9/5/2005
- ^ Polyakov, Alexander 1987 Gauge Fields and Strings London, UK: Harwood Academic Publishers ISBN 3-7186-0393-4
- ^ Assa, Auerbach 1994 Interacting Electrons and Quantum Magnetism New York: Springer ISBN 0-387-94286-6
- Dirac Medal 1986 citation
- Departmental homepage at Princeton
alexander markovich polyakov, alexander polyakov
Alexander Markovich Polyakov Information about
Alexander Markovich Polyakov
Alexander Markovich Polyakov
Alexander Markovich Polyakov viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.