Al-Baladhuriahmad ibn-jabir al-baladhuri, who was al-baladhuri
ʾAḥmad Ibn Yaḥyā al-Balādhurī Arabic: أحمد بن يحيى بن جابر البلاذري was a 9th-century Persian3 or Arab34 historian One of the eminent Middle Eastern historians of his age, he spent most of his life in Baghdad and enjoyed great influence at the court of the caliph al-Mutawakkil He traveled in Syria and Iraq, compiling information for his major works
His full name was Ahmad Bin Yahya Bin Jabir Al-Baladhuri Arabic: أحمد بن يحيى بن جابر البلاذري, Balazry Ahmad Bin Yahya Bin Jabir Abul Hasan5 or Abi al-Hassan Baladhuri6
- 1 Biography
- 2 Works
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
A Persian by birth, though his sympathies seem to have been strongly with the Arabs, for Masudi refers to one of his works in which he rejects Baladhuri's condemnation of non-Arab nationalism Shu'ubiyya2
He lived at the court of the caliphs al-Mutawakkil and Al-Musta'in and was tutor to the son of al-Mutazz He died in 892 as the result of a drug called baladhur hence his name2 Baladhur is Semecarpus anacardium, known as the "marking nut"; medieval Arabic and Jewish writers describe it as a memory-enhancer 7
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
His chief extant work, a condensation of a longer history, Kitab Futuh al-Buldan فتوح البلدان, "Book of the Conquests of Lands", translated by Phillip Hitti 1916 and Francis Clark Murgotten 1924 in The Origins of the Islamic State, tells of the wars and conquests of the Arabs from the 7th century, and the terms made with the residents of the conquered territories It covers the conquests of lands from Arabia west to Egypt, North Africa, and Spain and east to Iraq, Iran, and Sind
His history, in turn, was much used by later writers Ansab al-Ashraf أنساب الأشراف, “Lineage of the Nobles”, also extant, is a biographical work in genealogical order devoted to the Arab aristocracy, from Muhammad and his contemporaries to the Umayyad and Abbāsid caliphs It contains histories of the reigns of rulers8
His discussions of the rise and fall of powerful dynasties provide a political moral His commentaries on methodology are sparse, other than assertions of accuracy9
- List of Iranian scholars
- List of Islamic scholars
- ^ Translation of Futuh al-Buldan by Hitti
- ^ a b c One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed 1911 "Balādhurī" Encyclopædia Britannica 3 11th ed Cambridge University Press p 233
- ^ a b Gholamali Haddad Adel; Mohammad Jafar Elmi; Hassan Taromi-Rad 31 January 2013 Historians of the Islamic World: Selected Entries from Encyclopaedia of the World of Islam EWI Press pp 2– ISBN 978-1-908433-12-1
- ^ Bosworth, C E "BALĀḎORĪ" ENCYCLOPÆDIA IRANICA Retrieved 22 November 2016
- ^ Salaam Knowledge
- ^ Answering-Ansarorg :: Fadak; The property of Fatima al-Zahra as
- ^ Bos, Gerrit: " 'Baladhur' Marking-Nut: A Popular Medieval Drug for Strengthening Memory", Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Vol 59, No 2 1996, pp 229-236 full-text via JSTOR; article's first page available for all
- ^ "Balādhurī, al-" Encyclopædia Britannica 2006
- ^ http://wwwoxfordislamicstudiescom/article/opr/t125/e283_hi=5&_pos=1
- Al-Baladhuri 1916 The origins of the Islamic state: being a translation from the Arabic, accompanied with annotations, geographic and historic notes of the Kitâb fitûh al-buldân of al-Imâm abu-l Abbâs Ahmad ibn-Jâbir al-Balâdhuri Translator: Philip Khuri Hitti New York: Columbia University
- Al-Baladhuri 1924 The Origins Of The Islamic State, Part II Translator: Francis Clark Murgotten New York: Columbia University
ahmad ibn-jabir al-baladhuri, al-baladhuri, who was al-baladhuri
Al-Baladhuri Information about
Al-Baladhuri viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.